Immunet Protect Users

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by whitedragon551, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iTrendsNET

iTrendsNET Registered Member

My only complaint when Avast! 5 first came out was the many times I would catch it turning off it's protection. There were plenty of posts here at Wilder's about this. For this reason, I consider it mandatory to install Immunet Free any time I install Avast on someone's computer. Good insurance and too little of resource use to be a penalty.

2. Morro

Morro Registered Member

I guess they fixed it then because i have never noticed Avast 5 to turn of it's protection myself?

3. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Well said...:)

4. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Its a cheap trick used by immunet to get you doing there work for them as you feel a sense of pride for protecting others (Human trait). This is exactly like Recaptcha, they get you to work for free without you knowing and then profit off your labor time.

Upload file to community = File goes to all immunet users not just community.

Upload file to immunet = File goes to all immunet users including your community.

There is no difference other then one of them tricks you into slave labor.

Also a great way to harvest emails for advertising!

:thumb:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  5. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

Please don't spread fud without any proof, there is no evidence provided that Immunet is farming emails for advertising.

6. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

Check it out. Deeply profound insights into human behavior. Wilders - it's not just security anymore.

First targeted as thieves (post #68 ), now the Immunet crew are... slavers.

Boy, it's a good thing this kinda stuff isn't getting posted up in the Prevx forum. Hoo wee! Then there'd be some SERIOUS demands for an accounting. That's for sure.

7. Pedersen

Pedersen Registered Member

Please read our agreement, we dont sell or use emails for advertising.
    I told before that the function dont do anything yet? I cant see that we haven't been honest all the way?

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

3dfirestarter and lodbrock, you are both wrong, and that is gently wording it. so this post doesnt get deleted.

To make such a uneducated back-sided statement against Immunet is not only wrong, it is ignorant. This company is as much on the up and up as any other in these forums. I challenge you to submit some sort of proof or delete your posts.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  9. Taliscicero

I can just say to you, prove that they are not. Iobit did similar to this and they were a well known company. I also cant understand why a comment like (This feature doesn't work yet) is accepted as more developers would wait until it works to implement it.

You cant ask me to prove there is a cat in the box when you wont prove the opposite :)

10. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Trjam wasnt the one making the claim. He has nothing to prove. You are the one making the claim and backing it up with verbal diarrhea. You have everything to prove.

11. Taliscicero

Nevermind, forget what i said. I dont care about it anyway as its not my loss. :isay:

12. whitedragon551

So I take it you have no proof them. Just as I had expected. :rolleyes:

13. Taliscicero

I'm not even mad.
    :isay:

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

And if you were, I dont run.

come on 3DFireStarteR, its about doing whats right. I agree with your thoughts on the other vendor, but Immunet has pretty straight forward here about its software. They are just getting started and as such, like all startups, need our assistance. I dont think for one minute, any wool pulling over the eyes is going on.

I respect your thoughts or concerns, but go back for one minute and read what was written. That is pretty strong and if not true, pretty unfair to the IP folks. I know of several vendors with portions of their products that are not yet working or are not working with all systems. My avatar is one, but yet I am not about to accuse them of anything. Thats all.

15. Taliscicero

Let just see what happens for now.

Iobit could not explain why they had malwarebytes signitures and IP cant explain why they have no use for the email system.

16. whitedragon551

Ok so IP is just like IOBIT which is another unfair assumption. You know what happens when you assume?

17. Taliscicero

You assume that IP is fine, so who is really doing that here? :)

18. whitedragon551

Innocent until proven guilty my friend. Burden of proof is on your claims. :rolleyes:

Now Im kindly going to ask you to keep your verbal diarrhea in a thread dedicated to talking s***. This isnt the thread for that crap.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  19. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

i gotta agree with whitedragon here, everyones got their own threshold of "paronoia" and "trust" which dictates how they feel about email, software and other internet affairs, but without any solid proof u cant go and legitimately bash everything that ur simply not comfortable with, and creating false claims to defame the company (typically this is because the user just has a lack of information which creates the fear, a simple fear of the unknown, which most people tend to have)

20. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

I personally have never received an unsolicited e-mail from IP. Neither my dad, nor my sis, nor my mom, nor my cousins... pretty much all the people who got their pc's repaired from me... I asked them this morning... nobody found any e-mail other than the welcome one and the invitation to join my community... so... I really find hard to believe there's another intention (an obscure one) on having such feature. Kinda innovative to me by the way. Too bad it doesn't work yet... o_O . I just consider it pointless then... :rolleyes:

21. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

at the moment it sure isnt innovartive lol... and if what ive heard about how its "supposed" to work i still think of it as redundant fud, but we'll wait and see i suppose

22. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

I found my new app, anyone wanna add me to their community pm me

23. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

IMO Immunet's "community approach" is simply a marketing gimmick, aimed at motivating users to become Immunet hucksters.

When properly used, the community concept is a good one. As an example, EMSI uses a community concept with their software. Unlike Immunet's user-developed sub-communities, the EMSI community is universal and membership is automatic. ALL users of EMSI security software are part of the community, unless they opt out. And all members of EMSI's community share in its benefits.

Since I decline to play Immunet's "sub-community game" the large Community display on Immunet's GUI is an eyesore. To me, Immunet's concept of user-developed "sub-communities" is somewhat of a disincentive with respect to possible purchase of their software. This is regrettable because the antivirus-program itself is rather good.

24. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

So i bought this program a lil while back and was wondering about support. How fast do they reply to tickets?

I emailed them saturday since after a windows reinstall my 2 year license isnt valid anymore but havent received a reply back yet.

25. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

I have a similar problem. I won a key from a giveaway. It was successful on first activation. On second activation on same computer resulted in activation error. I submitted complain via their site and got an email about support number without any resolution of actual problem. The problem persists without any response. It does not get activated now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.