Immunet Protect Users

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by whitedragon551, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipo

chipo Registered Member

I have a question: could a malicious user open a backdoor through this "connection" and cause damage to any computer? o_O

2. kerykeion

kerykeion Registered Member

So, by having friends or not, protection-wise, it's still the same, am I understanding your statement correctly?

3. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Guys read this post
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1735182&postcount=6

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

that might be what the article says, but thats not what the Immunet employee says (which i take as more valid than marketting hooplah) and as i had thought, this "community" thing in its current form is simply redundant and useless, u get the same protection being in the cloud anyways

5. Pedersen

Pedersen Registered Member

Dont mind the protection factor, It is something about user in community * Threats stopped :p

Anyone who is friend with me should receive 50k + :p Because i test Immunet versus malware quite much :p

The protection factor is reset each 30 days.

6. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

Would really be nice if can have you in community.. Can I add you if yes how?:rolleyes:

7. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Add this email:

pedersen@immunet.com

8. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

oh thank you.. can I add yours too?:thumb:

9. whitedragon551

Im uninstalling it. Im not wasting my time with this if the company cant take ideas and suggestions for improvement seriously. Ill help someone else out who will.

10. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

huh? I don't see any ideas or suggestions...
    Besides, Even it it were - Immunet probably has a lot of things already on their plate (seeing as they are relatively new..) they need to worry about first.

11. Morro

Morro Registered Member

I think Whitedragon refers to his thread on the Immunet forums.

http://forum.immunet.com/index.php?/topic/396-multiple-ideas/

Do i see this personally as a reason to stop using Immunet....no i do not. But then again i am not the one making ideas and suggestions.

12. Pedersen

whitedragon. Your suggestion have been noticed and they will all be worked on? No employees have turned it down?

13. whitedragon551

Its not about the employees turning it down. I have no issue with that if the developers dont want to take the program in that direction. I have an issue with the blatant disrespect from that asshat.

14. kerykeion

kerykeion Registered Member

That dallas guy actually just bashed this forum. lol

15. Morro

Morro Registered Member

16. Pedersen

Just answered ;)

17. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Ah so that is why, thanks for the explanation Pedersen. :)

18. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

As a matter of principle I wont use any Immunet products or recommend them to other. When you have a shady startup that mostly consists of ex-Symantec employees, you have to wonder how much of their technology is just stolen from Symantec. Ofcourse I think Symantec would have a hard time proving this, but I am staying away anyways.

19. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Well i do not know anything about that.

All i wanted to mention here is that i have stopped using Immunet Protect Free. Not because i thought it was bad, but because it does not get a chance to do something. Those times that something malicious happened while IP Free was installed it got caught by Avast before it could do something.

Perhaps IP can catch things that might pass by Avast, but that is to less of a Pro for me to keep it installed.

20. chipo

chipo Registered Member

Hi, I have kis 2011 and sometimes some malware is catched by Immunet free and not by kis (only AV, not talking about HIPS). For me, immunet free is very useful as companion av.

Sincerely, I like it

Greetings

21. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

Some folks leave a company to start up their own and all you can think of is they're thieves? Wow. That's pretty cold. You should seek therapy.

Symantec can't tell if their code is being hijacked? You should post that up in their forum right away. Millions of people are being duped into using a security product made by developers who can't analyze code! Hurry!! They need you now!! :eek:

22. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

What's your source? Is it a trustworthy source? If so, then why not share it with the Wilders community?

23. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

24. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

@sg09
    thanks man... I know they're former Symantec employees. But I just don't think that is enough proof to assume they're stealing code/technology from Symantec... can't find that part... :rolleyes:

25. iTrendsNET

iTrendsNET Registered Member

Excellent point. Executives leaving to strike it out on their own or jumping ship to join a larger or smaller competitor happens all of the time business.

Here is another angle to look at. After a time, I imagine it gets boring working for some major corporations. Perhaps the development wheels spin much more slowly. Maybe too many hoops to leap through to get people to agree to a change. Company prefers to stick with older / proven technology, etc.

Other times, a lean and mean startup can prosper while not being weighted down. So, there are plenty of good reasons for anyone to take their ideas and (hopefully) have a bit more fun in life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.