Immunet Protect 2.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Pedersen, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Very interesting. If that is the case, they probably sold their engine cheap, revealing more info about Bitdefender than Immunet.

2. adam993

adam993 Registered Member

Part of Tetra engine
    bitdefender.png

3. gazs1

gazs1 Registered Member

it doesnt like something im my setup, it runs ok till i boot up and then total system lockup:'(

Ive tried the free with emisoft antimalware and avast free with the same results every time, i add exclusions and its fine till i reboot then total lockup and i restore an earlier image.

The only other security i run is defensewall 3 and sandboxie, this is on xpsp3 anyone any ideaso_O

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  4. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

It is if you consider all the PrevX false positives.

5. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Gasz1.....i didn't know that Emsisoft is Antimailware
    Better correct the name..;)

On topic...in my opinion,IP is a still a "young boy" who needs to grow up.I will see how it does after some time.

6. gazs1

gazs1 Registered Member

lol, corrected:D

7. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

So Immunet now includes the ask toolbar :(

8. the dummy

the dummy Registered Member

Does removeing the toolbar effect the performance of immunet at all?

9. clocks

clocks Registered Member

No, and it can be opted out during the install.

10. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

IF THE USER DOESNT OPT OUT THEN YES, IF IT GETS INSTALLED ITS THE USERS FAULT!

11. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Immunet is a small low-budget company with an estimate income on 2m and those money are not enough to cover every details of the program. Therefore ASK toolbar have been included to cover some of the expenses....

This i have already told to Triple Helix too. We should try to understand that they have released their Paid product first time, and nobody is going to purchase it from the Day 1 ...It will take some time for people to recognize its capabilities. But a vendor cannot wait for this.. he have to keep on working to improve his product and for this he needs money. So if they opted for ASK toolbar then i don't think that they have done anything wrong.

If we have some suggestions, we can surely let them know so that they can implement our suggestions/feedback to cover-up their expenses. I have already told one of my suggestion to Alfred but probably he ignored or missed that suggestion. Anyways we should keep our focus to help him, so that he can able to improve his product...

Sometimes people misinterpret your wordings but you should remain calm and cool...And this what i am trying to do. :p

12. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

That's correct.

Uncheck "Standard Installation" -

Attached Files:

• ASK.jpg
      ASK.jpg
      File size:
      48.1 KB
      Views:
  13. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

14. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

I have a question about the community network part. Is it showing realtime my community members online status.

15. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

It's not that I don't want the staff at Immunent to get paid, it's just I feel the Ask Toolbar was not the best toolbar to be used. I would rather have it install Yahoo/Google/Bing(Microsoft) then the ask.

16. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Right... You read my mind....:thumb:

17. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

If I'm not mistaken even Norton uses the Ask.com tool bar as part of its anti-phishing protection. Millions of people use Norton and probably don't even realize that they've installed the toolbar.

18. simisg

simisg Registered Member

sorry but i dont know why so many threads for this antivirus
    in my tests failed to detect most viruses zero day or not and failed to quarantine what detect
    the version 1.26 is better than this version with ask toolbar and the option to paid money
    my opinion is that this antivirus must stay in beta free version long time.... to get bigger community and correct all the bugs
    and not register it self in windows security center

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  19. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

Apologies for being ‘late to the party,’ but I’m wondering: in what ways is Immunet Protect different from (better than) its competition? Has Immunet Protect advanced the science of malware detection in theory or in practice? If so, how?

Thank you.

20. simisg

simisg Registered Member

only in theory..... if you do some tests your self you will see ......

21. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

22. iTrendsNET

iTrendsNET Registered Member

Ask Toolbar - I thought that subject was already beaten to death and explained a hundred or so posts back. ;)

Bitdefender Definitions in the Paid Version - This was discovered and explained several weeks ago in another thread.

How is Immunet better, what have they done differently? - It wasn't all that long ago that many of us first discovered Immunet through a post right here at Wilders. Just from the info posted at Wilders, this product has come a long way since the first beta, including pairing up with ClamAV (as well as other working relationships), and now the final release of 2.0.

A key benefit for me remains the fact that this is a companion anti-virus that seems to get along with most other security solutions of the user's preference. It is my understanding that part of this cloud technology not only takes note of malware flagged by the user and 290K + community, but also has the ability to log malware detected by the other security products that may be in use on the same computer.

Therefore, if done correctly, we have a companion product that uses minimal system resources, yet has the ability to harvest a massive amount of malware detections and data that should make this an even more interesting product as it continues to mature.

23. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

Well said.:thumb:

24. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

Very nice, indeed (although not a unique benefit).

Interesting. Are you saying that any individual user of Immunet Protect can actually decide whether a file is “malware” and that her/his decision will be then dispersed and implemented throughout the entire user base? If so, then couldn’t a disgruntled Immunet Protect user (or a set of conspiring users) classify Microsoft Word, for example, as malware and thus cause havoc for many others?

If I understand correctly, the “ability to log malware detected by the other security products that may be in use on the same computer” seems tantamount to ‘stealing’ the intellectual property “other security products” to improve the detection performance of Immunet Protect. Is this really occurring?

P.S.: I am not being critical of Immunet Protect -- I’m simply trying to understand its points of difference with respect to existing anti-malware solutions. (Thank you for your explanations and insights.)

25. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

Why can't it be used as standalone of it has its own protection, bitdefender and also clamav sigs?

Also, is it x64?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.