Immunet Protect 2.0 Pre-Release Testing

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by alhuger, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I could just uncheck the Ask toolbar fine.

As for threats, I've only tried Eicar and Immunet stopped it when trying to save it(non zip version) or extract from the zip. I installed it in a VM btw and had to download the file via SSL or the AV on my host would already stop it before it could reach the VM.

2. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I can't even do flash scan. It gets stuck on wow64win.dll... crap. In fact, it get stuck on every file I scan. Furthermore, when I extract 600 malware samples into a directory, it takes like 10 seconds per file to extract. This is BS. Man, this is total ****. I can't even do a normal scan. When I execute the eicar.com Immunet 2.0 doesn't react.

Here's a little video I made of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8f0dWo7BZ4

I actually thought the pre-release would at least have _some_ functions. :)

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

No problems with a flash scan here; on an XP machine. But full scan became stuck on an Office file!

But problems are expected;

4. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

It'd kinda help if people actually did read the initial email they received after subscribing.

And the actual first pre-release email:
    Finally, I'd like to point out the following:

Please, people, read what you are testing.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

thanks Blackcat. It just kills me how everyone thinks a beta product is a finished product. Duh. And how they just cant wait to open their personal little stashes of malware to decide if something is good or not. Nuff said.:doubt:

6. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I do realize this. I just haven't gotten the e-mail from Al yet. Where do I report the bugs and issues? Will Immunet update itself after each test-cycle is passed?

7. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

If you PM me w/ an email address I can send you the invitation myself (which should be accompanied by exact same info as others have received). Also contains the info on bugs reporting etc. It certainly won't update itself ATM since the update button is dummy for now. :p

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

All that information comes from Al. In 2 emails sent out over night. If you did not get them you need to contact him. If you did, then you need to read them as they tell what to do to register and report bugs. As for your last question, that is exactly what needs to be asked in the beta forum.

9. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I did e-mail him about me not getting e-mails already. No answer there (he's probably very busy or sleeping).

10. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

You can use the System Diagnostic Tool found in the Immunet Folder on the Start Menu to diagnose any problems;.

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

BC, he never got the 2 emails so nothing will help him. shadek, also check your junk email box just to be sure and you are right, they had a late night and I am sure will get it straightened out later today.

12. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Thanks for all the information. Doktornotor helped me out a lot and I'm testing the pre-release real bad now. Not many functions working and a lot of glitches, as to be expected at this stage. I think the result will end up in something very, very good though.

13. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Found my first 2 bugs. The registration for the community doesnt work and throws up a red error code and the detection of Sunbelt VIPRE AV has the wrong offsets on the left side.

http://lookpic.com/d2/i2/1403/iFQdCApH.jpeg

14. shadek

shadek Registered Member

The registration for the community does work, but it's rather unstable.

15. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I also cant get IP to scan a directory filled with malware. It wont scan anything for that matter.

16. shadek

shadek Registered Member

This is a known issue which I have reported in Immunets internal forum. They're currently fixing the community, installation and notifications issues. After 22nd April they will move on to detections, removal of malware and whatnot.

17. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

2.0 BETA:

1. Starting a (rootkit) scan; software says "Scan completed" by the tray with balloon when the scan has just started.

2. Overall the rootkit scan seems to malfunction. Often it won't start (no details, no time, nothing) and when it does, it isn't able to scan any files. One thing though... when I stop the rootkit scan it still reports scanning a file; ppcrlconfig.dll. I don't recognize this file now that I search for clues on Google, but it's not a virus since the PC is malware free.

3. SCENARIO: When the rootkit scan doesn't start, and I stop it, then click on Fix Now! again, it'll not give me the choice screen but will automatically start a rootkit scan. Probably cause it didn't finish and tries to continue - yet that doesn't help since it never begins to scan any files. :S After this has happened, you're unable to run any other types of scans.

4. The switches in the options are a little sensitive. Sometimes when I click by the questionmark ("?") I at the same time change the status of a feature (On or Off).

5. QUESTION: Does game-mode automatically get enabled once I run a full-screen application?

6. Updating reports a new version (2.0, which I'm supposed to have already) - clicking Install does nothing.

7. Quarantine window says "No data found for this criteria!". If this means that no files are found in the quarantine, it would be more comfortable for the user to have the text similar to "No files were found in the quarantine." instead for what now seems like a big error.

8. Support and About leads to the same page I believe.

9. The meters for CPU and RAM doesn't seem to correspond to what can be read beneath each one of them (0% and about 20MB).

10. Clicking the question mark at top right has no result.

Well I think that's all for me. :D Now let's see how it does in the long-run. :p

18. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Bug is that rootkit scan shouldn't be there, is Pro version only.

19. guest

guest Guest

You should post this in the beta forum, I think you are losing your time posting here. If you still dont have access to it then wait.

20. shadek

shadek Registered Member

None of the scanning functions are supposed to work yet. They're still testing installation process, community functions and notifications.

21. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

I didn't receive that in any of my e-mails I believe. Could someone link to the proper section then?

22. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

I am still waiting for the email...When will i receive the same? o_O

23. guest

guest Guest

You have a PM

The subject of the 2 important emails are:
    Welcome to the Immunet Protect 2.0 Pre-Release Test Cycle
    (This give you access to the forum)
    Direct Download Link
    (quite obvious xD)

24. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Yeah, well, Al didn't send me an invite as he promised to test the pre-release. I had to be invited by a member of it in order to test it.

25. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Interesting product. Will do some testing as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.