IMMEDIATE UN checking of RESTRICTED site

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Damian, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damian

Damian Registered Member

When I check ALL the RED LISTED items in the restricted site, tick the check box on top and TRY to click on "PROTECT AGAINST CHECKED ITEMS", the green status bar shoots across the bottom, as expected BUT THEN ALL THE SITES IMMEDIATELY BECOME Unchecked, STAY RED, and leave the status message out front at

"1617 items have been protected",

as if these last 30 or so RED Unchecked UNPROTECTED ITEMS will never be under the SPYBLASTER's protection.

What's going on? I reinstalled 4 times, meticulously , making sure each time to disable all protection before future installs.

I am now pulling what's left of my hair out.
    Anyone out there, please email me or send up a smoke signal. XP all MSFT's Sec updates, using both Yahoo's antispyware, SPybot and Lavasoft, along with MSFT AntiSpyware's apps. 62% free space, 2.2 proc. dsl @3.0Mbps, clean machine all the time except for this problem and a few (5 or so) reoccurring spy ware's that Lavasoft's Ad-Aware picks up every now and then. Everything is uptodate, including McAfee's VSOnline (I don't use THEIR anti spy ware because I figure I have enough already) Is it possible that either Microsoft's antispyware app or Yahoo's is preventing the ability of SPYBLASTER from allowing these RESTRICTED SITE check boxes to become protected?

Signed,
    Semi-Protected, but feeling semi-secure.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In almost ALL cases it has been found that another Security\Privacy program will be the cause of some or all of Spywareblaster entries being shown unprotected.

Three of your programs....("SPybot and Lavasoft, along with MSFT AntiSpyware's apps")....have never been mentioned to my knowledge in regards to...."THEN ALL THE SITES IMMEDIATELY BECOME Unchecked, STAY RED".... .

That leaves....Yahoo's antispyware and McAfee of the programs you mentioned :doubt:

3. Damian

Damian Registered Member

Well, since I said McAfee was one SPY WARE I was NOT using, that leaves YAHOO.

Your instincts were dead on! NOT ONLY did it fix the problem with BLASTER, it ALSO fixed the problem with the IMMUNIZATION ICON I was having with SPYBOT. (I include this issue here, because the immunization page points directly to blaster, and oddly enough, when I clicked on the Left side immunization icon, it left half my items not immunized and told me to immunize, however, after immunizing with the TOP icon, re pressing the left icon undid the immunization again!)

I have now UN INSTALLED the YAHOO SPY WARE detection application and everything is now working perfectly again.
    THANKS for the confidence boost to try the uninstall and thanks for responding so quickly. I hope no one else has this DOUBLE EDGED problem.
    I don't think it is right that such a well known establishment like YAHOO should BLINDLY send out such screwy software without so much as a codicil!
    Thanks again!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are Welcome and Thanks for getting back with us. I'll add Yahoo Anti-malware to my personal notes.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.