Immediate log off

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by JViner, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JViner

JViner Registered Member

I have just cloned a drive with Migrate Easy 7.
    When I try to log on to Win XP with the new drive, it accepts the username/password, but then immediately logs off again. As I have only one 'user' on the machine, I can't try another username/password combination. Any ideas!!

Just my luck after getting the app to over-write my old drive as well!!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JViner,

Thank you for choosing Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

Have you used sysprep utility before moving to new system in the way described at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/faq.html#17

If the problem persists please do the following:

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send us the report.txt file from the floppy disk.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

We will certainly help you with the solution to the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  3. J.Schroeder

J.Schroeder Guest

I am having the same problem with my attempt to move from a WD SATA 120G HD to a WD 200G HD. When I boot into WinXP Pro on the new drive I go from "Loading Personal Settings" to "Logging off" immediately. Were you able to solve this problem?
    Thanks!

4. Dean S.

Dean S. Guest

Same thing here...

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello J.Schroeder and Dean S.,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Transferring Software.

Could you please follow the instructions described above to create Acronis Report and send it to support@acronis.com? We will provide you with the solution. Actually, in this case you usually need to edit boot.ini file but we need to have a look at the report to give you the exact advice.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Thanks for the quick reply. I hope this helps others with the same problem:

I looked around on this site for further info and noted that there are similar problems when you don't correctly disconnect the drive you cloned from. Therefore, I went ahead and reran ME7, but this time made sure I disconnected the original drive and even turned off the controller I had used for the cloning ( I am using SATA disks). This time all went OK and the new drive seems to work fine.

Again, thanks for your quick reply!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.