iml32.dll problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by kiwiadmiral, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiadmiral

kiwiadmiral Registered Member

I am posting this for a friend of mine - hope this is the correct area to do so and that somebody may have the answer - this is in 2 parts

Code:
    I have had this problem before. but it is getting worse with certain games. and it does not matter where i download them from. or If i play them on the net.... i have the same problem.

I keep getting macromedia director errors... and the game crashes.... 

the latest addition to this group is mystery case files Huntsville.... Maui wowee is another. and saints and sinners bingo was, but now since i changed my monitor is working.. but the above mentioned games still are not....

It seems to me that it has something to do with screen resolution.... I am running a 19 inch acer lcd monitor.... with 8ms response time... 

i had a crt 17 inch monitor before.... but these games will not work at all with that one either.... i have re downloaded the games in case i got a corupt download. but still the same things happen..... 

when the game starts and it will, it automatically changes resolution to whatever the game wants... then promply crashes with the error message that there is a problem in iml32.dll

i have done searches, i have upgraded my players, got new director files from a friend, but still i am having this problem.... does anyone have any ideas on what else i can try.... 

I am running xp home, with an athalon 2500 processor. saphire radeon 7000 series with 64meg ram video card. any more info that i can give you please ask or pm me...... 

thank you in advance....
    I

2nd part
    Code:
    have deleted all other instances put in by the games itself. I have used the uninstall for the players supplied by macromedia.. I then downloaded the stand alone players... i have deleted and rebooted repeatedly. but still this problem exists....it is driving me nuts....LOL and i do not have far to go..... i have printed out your above post to read it more closely for more stuff i can try. but that lookes like all the stuff I also found when googling this problem.... I have even tried starting the games in win 98 mode... still no go.... they still crash... i have downloaded new dll files but they are the same as what i have... 

I know there are a few of us out there with this problem. but I can not find a solution that works.. I am getting so frustrated. and I am too old for this.......LOL

But thank you for your posts... If you find anything else please, please post it here.... and I will do the same iffin i can get it to work properly.....

thank you once again muchly appreciated....

edit:
    ok I re did the search and removed all the instances of iml32.dll and dirapi.dll files from my temp files. and game directories (that put them in) rebooted my system. tried to play maui wowee and bango crash time... again... LOL this all did not work last year either... 

I am wondering if it has something to do with screen resolutions... i am running mine right now at 1024 x 768 and 70 hertz.......and 32 bpp could this be the problem?????? maybe these games do not like this resolution. but then again i ran in 800 x 600 on my other monitor and they did not work either.... but i am still thinking it has something to do with the resolution...... or screen size maybe....... who knows what these games were written for..... do you have any ideas on this one

2. teddy36

teddy36 Registered Member

Hi kiwiadmiral i am no expert and dont claim to be. i have had exactly the same problem as you have. Just yesterday i found the solution as i tried everything you had done plus heaps more and my solution was to reinstall directx 9.0c and then update video drivers for my ati radeon 9200 video card with latest drivers and now all is working fine. i hope this helps just keep trying with video driver versions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.