Imaging servers

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jmcorrea29, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmcorrea29

jmcorrea29 Registered Member

Ok guys, I have a project that I am working on. I have 5 servers Dell 4600 and I have Acronis True Image 9.1. I just installed windows 2003 server in one server and I would like to know if there is a way to place the image on a server and deploy from there to the other four servers at the same time. I used to work with norton ghost and the imaging would work fine through deployment and by IP address. I would like to get help or a manual on how to do that on Acronis True Image 9.1

Thank you

2. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Hi,

First of all i would say yes you can with a boot CD containing Boot Agent, or a boot media for RIS.
    Secondly i would say you will have to use "NewSID" from sysinternals because Acronis doesnt by design change SID, nor computer name.
    It is made to do Imaging.

Last point, once you déploied, you will have to acquire the extra 4 licences if you dont already have them....

Good work,

Jaycee

3. jmcorrea29

jmcorrea29 Registered Member

Ok I got the part where I can boot up with a Boot Agent or a RID software. Know what do you mean use sysinternals to have a NewSID. And the licenses I do have them already. do you know if there is a manual on how to image and restore using the boot cd or on deployment.

Thank you,

4. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.