Imaging a Non-System TrueCrypt Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nemesisdb, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nemesisdb

nemesisdb Registered Member

I've searched for this and haven't found any overly helpful answers. I'd try the TC forums, but they're down (for a while now).

I have a large data partition encrypted with truecrypt and was hoping someone could tell me the best backup method. I have TI Echo so the backup images can be seperately encrypted.

My system partition (also encrypted with truecrypt) can be imaged like a normal drive from within windows. Backups are very fast.

The encrypted data partition can apparently only be imaged as "files and folders" or as a raw backup. Raw is not an option given the size. "Files and folders" backups from within windows seem *exceedingly* slow.

I guess I was wondering why my only option for the mounted data partition was "files and folders." My encrypted system partition can be backed up normally (i.e. as a partition, not just as "files and folders") but the encrypted data partition I have cannot (just files and folders or raw).

I don't suppose there's anyway to have acronis backup a mounted encrypted (non-system) partition as a partition?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nemesisdb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image does not support third party encryption. The only guaranteed way to back up an encrypted partition is sector by sector (raw) imaging. Whether Acronis True Image will be able to start and complete backing up an encrypted partition any other way depends on the encryption method used.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. nemesisdb

nemesisdb Registered Member

I appreciate the response. I got it working on a files and folders level. I split up the jobs by top level directories to make the times a bit more reasonable. All seems to be working well :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.