Image to network drive help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by artimus, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artimus

artimus Registered Member

I have an external hard drive on another computer on my home network but when I try to do a complete backup of this computer over the network to that drive I get this message.. (You do not have enough privileges to create the file "\\BILL\H disk\MyBackup.tib". Please choose another location.) I should have all of the privileges I can get on this computer.. Anyone know whats going on here?

Thanks

2. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

You need to enable writing on the share.

When you right click on it select properties, on the sharing tab you will either have a 'allow others to modify files' (or similar) tick box. Tick it and you'll be able to write there.

If you use advanced file sharing you will need to hit the permissions button, and assign the appropriate user (probably everyone or your user account) Full Access.

Then try it again. You can probably find a 'how to share files under XP' on microsoft's support pages.

3. artimus

artimus Registered Member

Thanks for your reply.. I do have write enabled on that drive. I have backed up to it before over the network so I was thinking it had something to do with the way I have True Image set up. This is the first time I've used True Image so I'm not down to the nuts & bolts on it yet..

Maybe someone else has had this problem & they know what I'm doing wrong??

4. flohh

flohh Registered Member

Hi
    I have exactly the same problem. Can not access on the network harddisk.
    But it has als worked a couple of times. dont know what the problem could be..

5. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Are you using a scheduled, or interactive backup ?

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.