Image taking up a huge chunk of my drive.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jazzrockfusion, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazzrockfusion

Jazzrockfusion Registered Member

I have an 80 gig drive. I backed up my system and now the system shows only 50 gigs. I tried to delete the backup and did so but the drive still only shows 50 gigs. How can I get the space back?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Did you create an Acronis Secure Zone? If so, it is another partition on the drive and the only way you can get the space back is to delete the Secure Zone from within TI.

3. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

How many partitions do you have? I would recommend 2 partitions (NTFS if your os supports it) one for your system C: (at least 15GB) and the other partition with the remainder space for storage.Always keep your C: drive small just load your important small programs there, for games, downloads etc install/save them on you storage drive. I always keep my C: drive small so that when I image it, it will compress to less than 4.5GB(to fit in a DVD). Always save your images to your storage partition or external drive and to a DVD media.When you backup all you have to image is your C: partition (that will always keep your images small) You can always recover your hard drive from just your c: partition, you can also upgrade to a larger hard drive with just your C: partition.(you don't need a massive full disk image). As for your storage partition the DATA there can be just saved to a DVD or external drive by just manually copying it.This is the way to keep everything small and still recover you. Also you can remove your secure zone if activated, I've never used it and as long as you manually update your images once a week you will always be able to recover your C: drive (which is the important thing).Losing 50GB from your hard drive is unacceptable no program should require that much space.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jazzrockfusion,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please let us know where did you store the image archive.

Please also note that as seekforever said, if you have created Acronis Secure Zone using space of the system partition it will reduce system partition space. You could check if the Acronis Secure Zone is present via Windows Disk Management by following Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management. Note that Acronis Secure Zone is a hidden partition and you will not be able to access it via Windows Explorer, for example. It is accessible via Acronis True Image only.

You can find the detailed instructions on how use Acronis Secure Zone in chapter 9. "Managing Acronis Secure Zone" in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.