Image Restore over Network?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by d1c1ple, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d1c1ple

d1c1ple Registered Member

Hi all,

I'm Evaluating TIS9.1 for Windows + Universal Restore Option. I have captured an image and booted the target machine with the restorecd.iso. I can't find a way to map a drive to a windows share to retrieve the image. I see computers near me or FTP but that's it. Am I missing something obvious?

I have restored the image successfully to different Proliant Servers without issue with the image on DVD but need to have the ability to fetch over the network.

Thx for feedback.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Try the UNC addressing method, something like:

\\computername\folder\filename.tib

3. d1c1ple

Thanks I'll look again; but did not see anywhere to enter a network path.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello d1c1ple,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that seekforever is correct. Please enter the full UNC path to the archive file in the promt "File name" at the bottom of the window. If the network share is password protected, please wait a bit after entering the path till the log in window appears.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. d1c1ple

yep; works as expected. Co-worker and I had a good laugh!

Thanks!

6. d1c1ple

came across another issue; when booting a DL380G5 with the recovery media to image up / down we noticed that the network adapters were not discovered. Is there a way to inject NIC drivers into the recovery cd image?

7. Acronis Support

Hello d1c1ple,

Please make sure you use the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to update all components including Acronis Universal Restore, and recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.

If updating does not solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button, choose "Full Version" and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a diskette into a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands:

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    umount mntdir

Collect the net.txt file from the diskette.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. Acronis Support

Hello d1c1ple,

Could you please clarify if the network adapter detected under Tool -> Options -> Network Adapters? Be aware that only PCI/PCMCIA Ethernet adapters are supported when using the standalone version of Acronis True Image.

Please also clarify is there DHCP server in the network. If not, configure the network settings manually in Tool -> Options -> Network Adapters.

If the above does not help, please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Provide the exact vendor and model of NIC you use.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.