Image restore doesn't work (NTLDR missing???)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by eyepvideo, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyepvideo

eyepvideo Registered Member

I have several PC’s running the latest and greatest versions of True Image 8.

2 PC’s I am having problems with are identical with W2K SP4, Adaptec 1210SA Raid card (2 SATA drives in RAID 0 set)

I have made several images both to a network drive and “Secure Zone”. 4 with fresh install of windows. None have been corrupt. All have been scanned before being restored.

After about 10 tries neither PC has successfully been restored. Each time it ends with Acronis saying the image restored successfully but when it restarts the NTLDR is missing.

Anyone have any clue what could be wrong?

Does Acronis have problems with RAID cards?

Does Acronis actually work? I have yet to see a successful restore.

I was planning on using this for about 50+ PC’s I manage but if I can’t get it to work I’ll be looking at some other solutions.

2. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

When I was first using Acronis I had this issue too on the server-side. My problem was that I did not restore the partitions back under the right options of Active, Primary, or Logical. In my case, I was restoring both partitions as primary, and when it booted, there was no active partition so it couldn't find NTLDR to load the OS. This was fixed once I restored C: as Active and D: as Primary. Your situation may be different...this is what I ran into.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello eyepvideo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following?

- Download the Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the 'report.txt' file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this tread. It will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.