"Image is Corrupt"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by axslinger, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axslinger

axslinger Registered Member

Here's what I did:

1) Built a machine using Windows PE/OPK
    2) Resealed the machine
    3) Created an image of the drive to a network share using TI plug-in on the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows (Bart PE).
    Note: I HAVE to use this disk because it has the drivers for the Intel RAID controller. The TI "Rescue" CD does NOT see the drives!
    4) Booted an identical machine with same disk
    5) Attempted to restore that image from same network share
    6) Got error saying the image is corrupt
    7) Copied the image to a USB drive and tried to restore the image again
    :cool: Same damned error message!

I have gotten this error message before when trying to restore certain images, but if I pull the drive with the image, put it on one of my tech stations and try to restore to a different drive using the INSTALLED version of TI, then the image isn't corrupt and it restores normally. However, that isn't an option in this case because I need to restore to a mirrored set.

Oh, I should add that I can mount this image and browse it without any issues from my regular workstation.

What is up with this? This shouldn't be rocket science. Any help offerings would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

First thing is to run a memory diagnostic like Memtest86+, Version 1.7 from www.memtest.org . An overnight runtime is adviseable if no problems are encountered early.

Validation is done by computing a checksum and comparing it to the value stored when the image was created. Only 1 bad bit in multiple gigabytes will cause the image to be declared corrupt.

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Did you verify the image after creating it ?
    Is it possible to create the image directly to your USB drive to see how that behaves ?

I agree with seekforever that you should be turning your attention to your memory. 2/3 of the machines I have come across with this problem turned out to be caused by bad RAM.

F.

4. axslinger

axslinger Registered Member

I put the image on a USB hard drive and it restored perfectly. I have had this issue with the Plug-In on several new-builds. For what its worth, I did test the memory and it passed. This is clearly an issue with the plug-in.

I own a small shop and build custom systems based on Intel boards, WD hard drives, Buffalo memory, Liteon optical drives. I build them from a sealed Windows image. I have yet to be able to do a restore across the network using the PE plug-in.

Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.