Image for windows 41% discount today only

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Tony, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony

Tony Registered Member

This may interest one or two people :thumb:

Link

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

darn it brought it a few weeks ago=(

3. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Is Terabyte Image For Windows the same product (maybe worse or better?) as ShadowProtect Desktop? I still dont know which will be better buy.

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Same product? No. But they are both disc/partition imaging programs. IMO, both are excellent. Due to the pricing today, I just bought a copy of IFW and am running now as I type this reply. (I also own ShadowProtect but it's for a different PC.)

5. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Isn't there a general agreement here that this is the "best" in this category? Well searching it appears it is ShadowProtect. Although $23 compared to $80 if I for W is reliable might dictate "not quite the best"!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  6. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Any of the TerabyteUnlimited imaging apps are very reliable. Over the last few years, I have made many images with Image for Windows, Image for DOS and Image for Linux and any time I restored an image, it was always good, 100% of the time. So recommending any of the 3 is easy for me to do. (BTW, the Windows, DOS and Linux references in the product names refers to the environment each program runs in, not the type of OS they image.)

7. henryg

henryg Registered Member

Same here. Been using DOS and Linux versions for a while now, it's simply outstanding. I find it to be very reliable and fast, especially if you're using the Linux version to back-up XP or Vista. And best of all... there is nothing to install on the hard drive. Their support is also very reliable.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  8. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Hi, now i tested IFW (trial) on my PC, as i remember ShadowProtect do backup of my partition in about 2 min 30 sec, IFW do this in ~6min and the file has ~2,1GB. Backup file from SPD had ~4GB... huumm strange. I like SPD but the price is higher than IFW.

9. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Everytime i have to wait for PHY Lock load - it is about 3min so summary backup time in my case takes about 9-10min ;/

10. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

IFW rocks! I have a simple .bat file on my Destop for IFW. It backups my system partition with a doubleclick. No need for the GUI. Thats what i call efficiency. And not to forget its allways reliable, over 100 backups and nearly 10 recoveries without errors. For recovery i use Image for DOS. It boots in just a few seconds and is ready to go :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2008
  11. Creer

Creer Registered Member

rolarocka does IFW always running PHYLock soooo long when we want do backup? As i sad every time i must waiting for PHYLock load ~3-4min it is too long.

12. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

No. For me it usually only takes 10-15 seconds. But i close all applications before launching the backup also the messenger is first shut down. Just try it and see if it works for you. Alltough im not sure that closing the apps helps Phylock to get started faster.

13. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

That is roughly the amount of time Phylock took with me, when I used IFW. I have never experienced a 3-4 minute Phylock load. That is not typical.

14. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hey,
    i use batch files as well.
    ifw console version ftw!
    mine has name as day,date and month.

as for the other poster some software must be causing the delay.
    sometimes the phylock takes awhile here but i dont really see it as a problem.
    as a home user does it really matter if you have to wait 3-4mins?

15. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Here is a description of how Phylock works:
    http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=352
    Maybe you figure out what is causing your long delay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.