image file size is not same as predicted?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ?kerry, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ?kerry

?kerry Guest

I have created images of two of my partitions. in both instances i used normal or high compression of the tib file.
    the tib files are MUCH larger than what was estimated. My C drive went from about 6.8 Gb to 4.7 GB in the tib image. My D drive at high compression went from 14.7 Gb to 14.4 Gb. I might as well not use compression if that is all it will do.
    My software is XP sp2 and the NTFS file system. Acronis true image is 7.0 build 584. will it help to update to the lates build?
    any ideas?
    thanks for any help

2. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

Is your NTFS drive already compressed?

3. ?kerry

?kerry Guest

no it is not compressed.
    now that i have updated to version 7 build 638 dated Oct 1, 2004, i have other problems.
    when i get ready to create the image i get an error "failed to create the scheduled task"....error #1722 the RPC server is unavailable" what is this?

4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

You need to uninstall and then reinstall the new build.

5. ?kerry

?kerry Guest

no response for file size?

6. 666

666 Guest

What's on the drive? If it's full of movies, mp3s, or JPGs, don't expect compression to do much, 'cos these files are already compressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.