Image Corruption - My solution

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rusty Mainframe, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rusty Mainframe

Rusty Mainframe Registered Member

I seemed to have solved my image corruption problem with TI8/9 and so I thought I'd pass on my experiece to those of you who are having similar problems.

I've been working with Tech Support for a few weeks now trying to figure out why my backups would work fine, but intermittently fail the verification test. When they asked me to check my RAM, I ran MEMTEST86 and the results were fine.

After thinking about this some more, I decided to take a closer look at the system BIOS (I have a DFI NF4 Ultra-D motherboard for an AMD dual core CPU). Although this is an overclocker's board, I don't overclock my system. I got the board for its features and stability. However, I noticed that the BIOS contains a significant number of advanced RAM and CPU settings, most of which I never seen before (certainly more than any other motherboard I've owned).

Even though I set the BIOS for defaults, I noticed that a number of the more advanced settings had values other than 'AUTO'. So, I changed all these settings to 'AUTO' for the RAM and CPU, rebooted, and ran 10 backups with no problems at all (I never got futher than 5 successful before).

So, it seems that TI is very sensitive to system timings/settings, at least in my case. Perhaps this is something to consider for those of you who are also having similar problems. Start with the BIOS defaults (even try 'safe' defaults) and see if it makes a difference for you.

I'm a happy TI user once again....:D

Russ

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rusty Mainframe,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm really glad to hear that you managed to solve the problem.

Sharing your experience is also very much appreciated.

If you have any further experience\questions to share\ask, please feel free to post any of them on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.