Image corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by niteghost, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niteghost

niteghost Registered Member

Just out of curiosity I backup my Image to 4 Cd and tried to restore it later just to try it, since I have never done it before. TI said my CD Image is corrupted, is i I am using Cheap CD's ?
    Guess I have to Toss all the Created CD away, eh ??

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Yes, those CDs are coasters. When you repeat the image you might try decreasing the writing speed as well as using a better grade of CD disks.

3. niteghost

niteghost Registered Member

Not sure how to change speed, since I am NOT using NERO or ALcohol or Roxio burning software to burn the created Image. I just follow the instructions of TI when it prompts me to stick in the CD.
    Thanks

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

OK, I understand. TI doesn't have a speed control.

Try this, boot from the TI Recovery CD and make an image that way to four more of the same CDs. Reboot into Windows and verify the backup.

If the image is now good, then something is running in Windows that is causing the image to be written incorrectly.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello niteghost,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please follow John's suggestion.

Boot from the special Bootable Rescue CD and create an image saving it to CDs. Verify the image by means of the Check Image tool and inform us about the results.

I would recommend you to use rewritable media (CD-RW), since you will be able to experiment without throwing out the coasters.

Please also create an image from under Windows once more and verify it by means of the Check Image tool. Inform us about the results.

Please be aware that in order to verify the image spanned over a several CDs\DVDs you should insert the last created CD\DVD first and then follow the wizard's instructions.

Please also find the full version name and build number as it is shown here and let me know them.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.