Image/clone question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by horatiub, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horatiub

horatiub Registered Member

Here is what I'm trying to do:

I have a tablet pc with a SATA hard drive and I'm trying to make a complete image of the whole drive in order to transfer it to another SATA hard drive, which has the same size. How do I do this? Basically, I just wanna move the whole image on that drive, then boot off the drive without doing anything else.

Also, I forgot to mention, the laptop drive has 2 partitions, one recovery and drive C

Thank you

edit: forgot to mention also that I would like to burn that image to a DVD and then copy it to the other drive or maybe, it would be nice if I can boot up from that DVD and install it on the emty hard drive

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello horatiub,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please take a look at this FAQ article explaining the difference between Clone Disk and Backup approaches in detail.

Please also read Acronis True Image 9.0 User's Guide in order to learn more on how to use the product.

Please be aware that the current version of Acronis True Image doesn’t write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software. You can find more information on how to write your images to DVD in this FAQ article.

Please also note that Acronis True Image 9.0 allows you to create Bootable Rescue Media on CD, DVD and USB Flash drives only (drive should be recognized as a removable device). However, there are several unofficial methods of creating Bootable Rescue Media on DVD described in this thread.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

With laptops it is always more convenient to have an external usb drive to store image backups. If you have that and if you want to also keep a backup on DVD media, use the bootable TI cd to create an image backup to the external but during the process be sure to choose a split size of 4 gigs, or less, so that you can copy the splits on to dvd.

Once you have the backup made on the external, install the other laptop drive and do the Restore process to the new laptop drive. You can always burn the backup images to dvd later with your favorite burning program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.