image archive is corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cassiopeia, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cassiopeia

cassiopeia Registered Member

Hi, first time poster here.

I've tried to use ATI to make an image of my C:\ to an external HD (Maxtor). The first time that went all right, but from then on I get nothing but problems.
    Either, whilst creating an image the maxtor, the pocess stops abruptly. It seems like the Maxtor gets stuck.
    Or, sometimes the process goes all the way and ends with the message "image created succesfully". But when I try to check the image I always get the message "the image archive is corrupted"
    This happens no matter whether I run ATI in Windows environment or starting it from the bootable ATI-CD.

I have a second internal harddisk (D:\). Burning images on D:\ and checking them goes without problems. I then copied one of those image to the maxtor and checked it, but again the image seems to be "corrupted".

I've heard good comments about ATI and the software seems easy to use (even for a PC newbie like me), so I really would like to keep using it, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Can you help me please ?

PS : I already defragmented the Maxtor, but that didn't help either.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cassiopeia,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If Acronis True Image 9.0 creates corrupt images only to the external hard drive within Windows and in rescue mode, please do the following:

-Download the eXpress CheckSum Calculator and install it;
    -Run the application;
    -Browse to the file and click Start ;
    -Compare a certain checksum (e.g. MD5) of the image archive stored on the internal drive with that of its copy on the external drive.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.