Image archive is Corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Markneedshelp, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When trying to restore an image I come into this error. Does this mean the image is corrupted?

Thanks

2. fastjeff

fastjeff Registered Member

Lots of us get that error with TI9. I've been trying to resolve this for a month with support with no luck. It still does not work.

3. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

1. what version and build number are you using?

2. where is the image stored?

3. how are you trying to restore it? (using True Image from within windows, or are you using the Rescue CD).

I know some builds of version 9 gave that error message even though the image was actually ok, and you could restore from it.

4. I'm using the Rescue CD and it's Version 8.0 (build 826). I would try to use an updated rescue CD, but any build above the 826 do not display the graphics correctly and leave me blind trying to restore it.

It's worked fine for the longest time and all of a sudden it started coming up with that error. I've even restored a backup copy of the image and tried to restore that but failed. It only seems to encounter that error with a specific image. Other images created for different models are fine restoring.

5. I created a multi-volume image using the rescue CD in 9.0.

When I try to restore using the rescue CD, I get the "Archive Corrupted" error. When I try to restore from TI in Windows and I select "New Location", I get a "Cannot rename file" error in the log and the job terminates. When I try to restore from TI in Windows and I select "Original Location", I get a different error altogether. (pardon for not remembering the error but I was so frustrated by that time that I didn't care any more)

Anyways, I also did not find any resolution to this problem. I was forced to deliver the computer back to the customer with old data on it. My customer was pissed, I was pissed, and my boss was pissed. Not what you would call "a good day"!

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.