I'm worried about Acronis

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by milleron, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milleron

milleron Registered Member

I never upgraded. I'm still using TI8 on both my home computers, and it's working nicely with no problems -- saved my behind just two days ago.

Over the last couple of years, I've come to rely on True Image heavily -- Norton Ghost won't even run on one of my XP machines for some reason. However, the incredible series of bad releases and fatal bugs with TI9 appears to me to have gone on so long that it may jeopardize the financial health of this company. I'm sincerely worried that this unrelenting incompetence will crush and bankrupt what used to be a reliable company.

Acronis, please get your act together before it's too late! Most of us don't want you to die.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello milleron,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Your collaboration on this matter is very much appreciated.

We will certainly do our best in order to fix all known problems of Acronis True Image 9.0 as soon as possible.

If you have any specific questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to post them on this forum. We will certainty try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I think they went through a similar series of bugs and fixes when 8.0 was released.

4. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

They had a few quick updates after 826 and before 937 but nothing of the magnitude of TI9.

5. Ben Sixtoes

Ben Sixtoes Guest

I have really been rooting for Acronis, in part because of good past efforts and in part because it provides an alternative to Symantec. However, TI9 may will kill you guys off. Just too many disasters with other people's data.

I am simply afraid to use the product now.

6. milleron

milleron Registered Member

Please remember that TI8 seems to be reliable for almost everyone using it, but I thoroughly agree with you about being frightened to try TI9. (It doesn't have the feature for which I've been waiting patiently for years, anyway -- namely, the ability to define the number of backup sets that are kept before being automatically overwritten.)

I've been using commercial software for 24 years, now, and I've never seen another instance of a new version of any program destroying good software like TI9 has. I can't comprehend how they could have screwed it up so badly unless they completely rewrote it, which seems unlikely.

Acronis, please keep trying to get the bugs out of True Image.

Ron

7. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I've seen far worse than TI 9, but if I mention the product, the moderators here will delete/move the post, so I cannot mention the product.

8. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

I'm new to this product line so I can't judge that for myself, but I do want to say that I've been surprised, nay astonished, to see how much regression there has been over the last 4 or 5 builds. The User Commands feature was broken more badly in each of three successive builds, for example; and this problem with the installer appears to be entirely new...

These are not of themselves critical parts of the product, but it does make me wonder what's going on in Acronis' QA department.

Well, the product does seem to be getting better at its core competency, making and restoring images, just judging by the recent order-of-magnitude reduction in the traffic in this forum ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.