I'm trying Core Force

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TNT, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I just like to add that i also am investigating this program CoreForce for the very first time and in my early examinations of it i must admit, even though it's in early beta, it sure resembles a true Fort Knox type program complete with most if not all and the kitchen sink. I might add so far on an XP Professional Windows system it seems to work well alongside System Safety Monitor.
    So far what i allowed to bypass SSM, CF is captured.

Glad this topic was put up for some discussion, thanks. I'll post my own reviews as time permits.

Thanks again.

2. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Disappointing news but not hopeless by any stretch. Seems it is a very efficient application in what it is designed to do, however it's not yet up to par in the stability department just yet, at least from my experience with it.

Several times it shut down suddenly and over a period of some consistent usage it seemed to slow my system down to a near-crawl. Seeing as it's early beta theres plenty of work and effort to go into it this program yet.

So far out of several many i've put on this one gets my most attention and interest.

3. TNT

TNT Registered Member

Version 0.80 is pretty stable for me (unlike 0.70, which did have stability problems). Looks like you might have some conflict in your configuration; I noticed that you posted in the CF forum too. :) It seems to me it would be a good idea if you send them the memory dump so they can check into it. BTW as they said, the program crashing (though a problem) doesn't leave the system exposed, as the permission remain enforced in the kernel drivers.

4. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Say TNT Hello :)

That's good to know in that respect. The first potential for intrusions can occur most when your electronic defenses are down so yeah that was a disturbing moment as were a few others.
    I'll will have everyone know however that even in it's early current phase CoreForce ranks at the very top of my personal list of potential BESTS!

I'm only disappointed in that it randomly closes at various points of usage consistently with that build (version) during any session, plus noticed some performance loss on regular applications that i don't particularly assign to CoreForce but MicroSlop!
    They make any developer have to keep a bottle of Exceldrin handy o_O
    M$ is never been up to par when it comes to GUI/images stability in any of their OS's that i've experienced, including after adding Video Cards etc. to take up some of that limitation.

No, CoreForce absolutely covers the entire playing field inside and out and that is very Impressive!! to put it mildly & accurately. It's likely because of that, they need to re-distribute the program's allocated resources more efficiently to handle all that is monitors without closing down on occasion.

When time permits i like to re-install again and put a watch also on the kernel drivers to ensure they are in fact active when the program pukes out.
    Funny thing is it was an event report that they use to periodically review performance that created the crashes.

UPDATE:

Re-installed and wouldn't you just know it, this time after a re-start my screen seized up and sent me reaching for the reset button.

However after the 2nd boot up everything seem to level out. It's almost as if CoreForce is literally SURGING to completely pass thru each and every possible computer circuit, image, icon and what have you on the system. I know sounds a bit exaggerating but this is one Power-Packed collection of security defense code if you ask me.

Also finally discovered the settings i was looking for to give some of those safe programs some breathing room like the Internet Mail combo i use that puts them all into one easy to access program. With default settings i was catching heck from prompts every single access, login, read, copy, transfer and all that jazz just to get one account thru :blink:

I'll say this, CoreForce is made of metal! If they finally get this proggy worked out well enough & stable to safely accommadate everyone's platform and configs it is DEFINITELY!! a MUST HAVE!!! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2006
  5. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

Well, I'm using it currently. Its pretty good once you set it up correctly and after a few hours of having it run, its total memory usage (for me) is 14 MBs. Btw, can anyone use the link on its website to request a new password and have it work? (because its not working for me)

6. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

http://force.coresecurity.com/index.php?module=base&page=main

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.