i'm screwed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by trustedacronis, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When I tried to recover my files which are stored on a series of CDs, this is the screen I got using Acronis 9, build 2,277:

"Operation has completed with errors. Please, see log for more details."

Then when I click on the Log button I see this screen:

Information 100 2(0x640002) 10/17/2005 6:07:09 PM The "Current restore" operation started

Information 1 503(0x101F7) 10/17/2005 6:07:09 PM Analyzing partition 0-0

Information 1 503(0x101F7) 10/17/2005 6:07:09 PM Analyzing partition C:

Information 1 1,020(0x103FC) 10/17/2005 06:07:09 PM Restore dataFrom file: "D:\ghost16.tib"Backup type: ImageRestoration of: Files

Error 4 7(0x40007) 10/17/2005 06:07:10 PM Error opening the file.

Error 100 5(0x640005) 10/17/2005 06:07:10 PM Operation has completed with errors.

I am very disappointed and alarmed. I am afraid I may have lost all my files over many years because I bought Acronis True Image without realizing how buggy it is.

2. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

Well, I understand your frustration, but for starters you should be using build 2289 which has solved some of the many issues with ATI9.

3. first of all...I downloaded Acronis True Image about two weeks ago, so I had no idea that it has already become unusable and I would need to download an update in order to have it work. i guess when i bought it was very, very new.

secondly, i just went through the process of getting my software registered, downloading and installing the latest update, rebooting the computer, trying the whole restore thing again, and I ran into the EXACT same problem described above.

I just don't understand how a company could sell this as backup software when it doesn't work properly, and then release updates that don't solve many of the problems with it (including mine). what should I do now? Just call it a loss?

P.S. I e-mailed tech support about this problem but if some of the other posters are correct, I may never get a response from them. This is costing me a lot of time, but thanks for the understanding from the previous poster, it made me feel a lot better.

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

All is not lost ... see if you can get the version 8 build 937 ... it might work.

5. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Beats me too - but this is just a repeat of when they released V8. Same problems which they threw out to paying beta testers to sort out for them. It obviously didn't harm them too much because everone is back for more.

6. i'm not sure how to get version 8. i'm sure if anyone gave it to me, acronis would sue them immediately, and one of the other posters said acronis doesn't support version 8 anymore, so I don't understand what acronis is doing here.

the only 8.0 offered on acronis.com is for the server version which is almost $700, too expensive for me. if there was some way i could pay acronis say $30 to get the 8.0 version it would be worth it due to the importance of the files, even though i hate giving more money because of no fault of my own. But i don't know if acronis even sells this anymore.

7. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Acronis has recently offered to allow purchasers of TI9 the option to download a copy of TI8. Send a request to Acronis support detailing your purchase information and TI9 license info.

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

1 off-topic rant directed at those giving help removed from this thread.

9. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello trustedacronis,

Could you please verify the image you have created to CDs? Then please let me know the result. Also please create Acronis Report (please see Acronis Help Post for the instructions) and send it and the log file to Acronis Support along with the link to this thread. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

11. chutsman...thanks for the tip, i searched eBay and found it so i'm going to download it today and see if it works. I e-mailed tech support three times but have still got no response from them, so I will be seeking a refund. if necessary i will be filing a complaint with the BBB and disputing the charge on my credit card, hopefully acronis will avoid that by doing what they're supposed to do.

as far as the ideas suggested by acronis support, excuse me, but i am not a beta tester. i used the software exactly as instructed on a brand-name, common computer system. it's not my responsibility to send you analysis reports of what's wrong with your software, because your software was already defective when you sold it to me.

your product does not work, and you have simply ignored the solutions everyone has posted and told us to just keep sending you beta testing analysis reports. i don't have the time or desire to do this, and everyone knows it's not going to solve the problem in a timely fashion.

12. SSK

SSK Registered Member

You're "brand name" computer could be defective. Loose cables, bad memory, non-standard Windows settings etc. etc. etc. could all interfere with normal Acronis operations. So, support will need your logs to determine if they can help you sort it.

If you are not willing/able to do that, you should probably go for a refund/competitors product because malfunctioning software will very rarely fix itself :)

13. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello trustedacronis,

Nowhere in this and your subsequent posts have you said that you created a new Acronis bootable rescue CD after updating to the latest build. Did you?

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.