I'm new and need help

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by msgrits, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msgrits

msgrits Registered Member

Hello,

Last month in my third attempt in downloading XP's Service Pack II, my connection not only dropped, but I was unable to connect to the server. Additionally, whatever "additions" came with my twarted earlier attempts of downloading service pack II came some nasty corruption in my files as well. After lengthy conversations with Earthlink and Dell techs, I was referred to Microsoft. I evidently had quite the problem as the "regular" techs kept telling me that the problem I had needed to be upgraded to another level. Either way, it was the first time I had a tech call me!

We started out with a few missed connections, and I was growing impatient. I ended up doing a parallel install, which worked to my surprise. My Microsoft Tech warned me that it could and most likely would cause problems if I did not correct the situation. Well as predicted I have error messages whenever I go to Incredimail to get my e-mail, and after browsing one or two sites, and I attempt to go to another site my system locks up. I re-boot, and the process recurs again.

Any suggestions, thoughts are appreciated. I tried to send this earlier and, you guessed it, it locked up and I couldn't send it :'( . I hope this one will get through whatever gobblygook so we can get working afain.

Thanks, msgrits

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

msgrits

I would try to get the sp2 cd and reinstall. I would do that first and see how it goes.

3. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

I ended up doing this too....I even put it on with a fresh install of XP...This all went very well.
    Cheers,
    Buck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.