I'm looking for a program like Total Uninstall

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by notageek, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

I'm looking for a program like total uninstall but not as slow as total uninstall. Anyone know a freeware one? Total uninstall tracks and undo system changes when you install new programs.

2. Ailric

Ailric Guest

I don't know of any other free one. I use Total Uninstall myself. This one is shareware and when I tested it, it worked well.

Trash it!
    http://www.optimussw.com/

3. notageek

Thanks I'll take a look at it

4. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

I'm not sure if this is the type you are looking for, but take a look at Your Uninstaller - there is a trial version here
    http://www.ursoftware.com/download.php

I use it alot, since I trial alot of software, including FW's and AV's. Does a very thorough job of removing all traces of a program. Never had a problem using it on older computer with XP Home & SP-2.

5. Stro

Stro Registered Member

Hello Notageek,
    A few months back when I was searching for an uninstaller program, I remember reading a thread started by someone asking the very same question as you. You may want to use the Search function on this forum to find it.

As I recall, a major shortcoming with Total Uninstall is that it doesn't work if you have to reboot the PC as part of the install process for whatever applicaiton software you are installing (Zone Alarm firewall, for example). This is what someone told me in the thread; I have not experience with it.

I ended up buying Ashampoo Uninstaller Suite. It does not have the reboot limitation of Total Uninstall. And once you buy an Ashampoo product, they start sending you all of these emails through which you can buy a lot of their products cheap. Also, in a strange twist of logic, the Expert mode of Ashampoo Uninstaller Suite is easier and more straightforward to use than the Easy mode.

Regards,
    Stro

6. notageek

Thanks for the replies.

Ashampoo sounds like they spam you with buy this and buy that crap. LOL

Your uninstaller looks good but there's a freeware version of a program named my uninstaller that does the same thing.

Anyone ever heard of install spy? Is it any good?

7. Ailric

Ailric Guest

Just to clear up something about Total Uninstall - it DOES work when you reboot. I has used it hundreds of times.

8. notageek

I never had to reboot after an install when I used Total Uninstaller. I just find it slow when it scans my registery.

9. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Whats specs are you running on?

Jimbob

10. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I looked at this program, and then bought it. It seems to be very effective

Pete

11. Stro

Stro Registered Member

FYI, I received an email today from Ashampoo announcing their latest version (Platnum) of the Uninstaller Suite. The new version has a feature whereby you can append the logs of downloaded "upgrades" to the original software download log.
    Regards,
    Stro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.