I'm just not understanding how to install RegSeeker!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I've had/used 1.45 for years and now every couple of days it's being updated. I use BigSpeed Zipper to extract zipped files. I like it because it is very intuitive, I just move the file to the left (normally my Desktop) and then there will be a setup .exe file used to install. Now when I do it, nearly all of the files visible in this screen shot end up on the desktop. I'm not sure what happens when I choose to just move the .exe file over. It (RS) seems to function after that, however, I can't find any of it's individual files like languages. Please explain what is happening here and what I should do! Thank You!
    http://xs308.xs.to/xs308/06426/ScreenShot24.jpg

2. dog

dog Guest

You need to extract all the contents of the zip file not just the executable. RS runs directly from the exe ... and it needs its support files to present to run properly ... the language folder needs to be located within the regseeker folder for other languages to be selectable.

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Thanks dog! So should I just create a folder and move all those files into it and then create a shortcut of the RS .exe file to use it?

4. dog

dog Guest

Correct :) :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.