I'm Baaaaaaaaack, sort of

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by root, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. root

root Registered Member

Hi gang. Had quite a time at the VA Monday. To sum it all up, they did an angiogram of the lower half of my body and found major damage to my arteries and veins. They patched what they could with a balloon angioplasty and two stints in the arteries that go to the legs thru the groin area. One on each side. Managed to restore about 50% of the circulation to my legs.
    I'm pretty sore yet and can't sit here too long. It will be a while before I know how much good was done.
    I just wanted to say thanks for your concerns and will be back in full swing in a few days.
    Anybody out there still smoking, do yourself a favor and quit as soon as possible. Thats not the full story but its a major factor.
    Take care all. Will be back when I can set here a little more comfortably. :)

2. snowy

snowy Guest

ROOT

a warm welcome back!! an I must say that I am not surprised to hear of the stints.....sorry though....the moment I read of the circulation issue......the red flags flew....
    take care of yourself my friend....I've always found you to be a very enjoyable person....even when you are talking about Outpost LOL...jk..........seriously....such a serious condition can be emotionally draining......its a shock! so please remember there are alot of us wishing you well...

snowman

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hey Root,

Good to hear from you !
    I wish you all the best, and a good recovery !!!
    Take care my friend,

Jan.

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Ditto that!

Keep your chin up! Your major problems are over! (You made it back from the hospital alive! <g> ).
    Pete

5. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Glad to see things are working out for you. (MRBLAZE has been just fine, though I'm pretty sure he will speak for himself!) If you've just quit smoking, everytime you want a smoke drink a glass of fresh water. You need about 8 glasses a day and a little more won't hurt. It'll be good for your blood too! I'm a veteran (of smoking). Take care!

6. snowy

snowy Guest

during my reason illness I was forced to stop smoking just to be able to live.....my lungs were full of liquid.......so for two weeks I did not smoke....an man did I ever feel better....(a heavy smoker) unfortunately this morning I started smoking again...AN MAN DO I FEEL BAD!!!

Root my friend..both you and I are dangerously ill...no getting around that.....well after reading your post.....whatever it takes I am putting the smokes down!!
    as any smoker knows...an only a smoker really understands..quiting is not easy....but by gosh life is worth living!!

snowman

7. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

root,

Hang it there, will you? Apart from your valuable input over here - it's you that counts, and your well being. Drop me an email whenever you feel like it!

regards.

paul

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Howdy Root n I hope your recovery is as fast and full as possible!!

9. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Root! it is great to see you back! And i am SO glad you went and had it checked out. Now you must relax and recover....we want you with us a long Long time!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.