If you're having problems passing GRCs' Nanoprobe with Mcafee firewall 4.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by notageek, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

OK mI scanned common ports and all service ports and got a fail. I was puzzled cuz I thought I had everything blocked. Well all the ports was stealth but McAfee keep ping the place that was scanning. It was running a trace to GRC. Well I found that it was the Visual Trace doing that. I looked all over visual trace to see how to shut it down. Guess what there was no shutdown box to tick. What I had to do was to open Visaul trace and went to view/option and unticked all the boxes that was ticked. it worked.

Here's another fix to a minor problem that I had and maybe someone else might have. When I scanned i found that my ICMP was opened to pings ant what not. Well I thought I blocked it and when I opened up the option to ICMP I found that it was block but wasn't being blocked for some odd reason. ( might seem a little confussing, it was to me) What I had to do is run firewall/ view Network Activity, under the current activity scroll down and look for ICMP under Syatem (ICMP is the one that has a checkered flag by it). Just right click that and click block. There that should fix the problem. Now do a Nanoprobe and see how it works.

2. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

Notageek, you are becoming a real Mcafee FW wizard. :) :)
    Good info again. :cool:
    Regards
    Ole

3. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Thanks Madsen DK. I'm working on learning how to block server rights. So far I block server rights from Windows Messenger but I few programs are going nuts when I try to block server rights from them. McAfee firewall is easy to learn if you take the time. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.