If you're having problems passing GRCs' Nanoprobe with Mcafee firewall 4.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by notageek, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

OK mI scanned common ports and all service ports and got a fail. I was puzzled cuz I thought I had everything blocked. Well all the ports was stealth but McAfee keep ping the place that was scanning. It was running a trace to GRC. Well I found that it was the Visual Trace doing that. I looked all over visual trace to see how to shut it down. Guess what there was no shutdown box to tick. What I had to do was to open Visaul trace and went to view/option and unticked all the boxes that was ticked. it worked.

Here's another fix to a minor problem that I had and maybe someone else might have. When I scanned i found that my ICMP was opened to pings ant what not. Well I thought I blocked it and when I opened up the option to ICMP I found that it was block but wasn't being blocked for some odd reason. ( might seem a little confussing, it was to me) What I had to do is run firewall/ view Network Activity, under the current activity scroll down and look for ICMP under Syatem (ICMP is the one that has a checkered flag by it). Just right click that and click block. There that should fix the problem. Now do a Nanoprobe and see how it works.

2. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

Notageek, you are becoming a real Mcafee FW wizard. :) :)
    Good info again. :cool:
    Regards
    Ole

3. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Thanks Madsen DK. I'm working on learning how to block server rights. So far I block server rights from Windows Messenger but I few programs are going nuts when I try to block server rights from them. McAfee firewall is easy to learn if you take the time. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.