if i buy boxed ver 4 ess' will they work with v5

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by zfactor, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i mean can i just install v5 and use the name/password and if i buy a few of them can i hang on to the and use those say next year when the next release comes out?

2. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

Unless the product you purchased is an atypical license (such as an NFR or special promotion which may be available in different regions that I don't know about), that is true. You can use the activation key or serial number from a v4 retail box and activate and download v5 (or whatever is available at the time) when you choose to.

3. zfactor

what about future upgrades? say i buy 4 boxes now but use only one right now and when version 6 etc come out will they still be able to be used?

4. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

You can use the serial/activation key from an earlier product with the latest version available.

E.g., to use an example for products that exist: You could buy several v4 boxes (licenses) and activate the unused licenses later to download and use v5.

5. zfactor

thank you thats the answer i was hoping for. excellent

6. zfactor

sorry one more question the boxes i got today from newegg have a activation code not a user name password inside. they are retail boxes same as the ones i see at any store on the shelf. is this normal and will these still work the same way i plan on buying a few more to hang onto.

and does anyone from eset think they will ever change that policy i dont want to buy a few extras and not be able to use them later. thank you

7. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

These will still work the same way. Activating the product using the Activation Key/Serial Number at http://www.eset.com/activate will provide a new username and password for that license. The one year period for that license will start on the day the license is activated.

This policy allowing you to activate your license but download/install the latest available version will not change in the foreseeable future.

8. zfactor

awesome thank you. while newegg had them on sale i grabbed a few extras and just wanted to be sure.

thanks to everyone at eset!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.