IE8 Favorites - Mod Dates Get Reset

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by LenC, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Occasionally, the create/modification dates of all my favorites get reset at exactly the same time. This happens maybe every couple of weeks. I looked in event viewer at the time it most recently happened and didn't see any unusual events that might have explained it.

I am running IE8 with Vista Home Premium - all fully up to date.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Thanks,
    Len

2. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

Reset your security settings to default

3. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I'm not sure I want to do that - I don't fully understand the article. Also, I'm not sure if I would be changing other settings that I don't want changed. How would my security settings have been changed? I don't recall having done anything like that.

Thanks for the response,
    Len

4. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

If you are not comfotable with the article, do not change your IE 8 settings, although it really is quite simple. I will try to post back additional information tomorrow or over the weekend.

Regards,

5. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I didn't change my security settings because I didn't understand all the implications of doing so.

However, this problem persists - the modification dates for my favorites are being changed periodically.

Can someone explain to me why my security settings would cause this to happen?

6. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

Pardon the delay in my reply.

See this MS KB Article see if anything within works for you. If it does not, I will have to direct you to Microsoft Help for further assistance.

The Microsoft Internet Explorer Forums as indicated in the above article are here

Last edited: May 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.