IE7 and ctfmon.exe!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Has this been added to your start menu and processes since you've installed IE7? I also use Office7, so it may be a combination thing but it definitely was not there before IE7.

2. dog

dog Guest

ctfmon belongs to Microsoft Office = Language Bar - Speech and Handwriting recognition. If you don't need that functionality, you can remove it. ;)

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

ctfmon.exe is for microsoft office. i dont think it should be there for anyother reason.

dang youy beat me to it.

4. sick0

sick0 Registered Member

installing IE7 put the language bar in my toolbar...

i don't need it so i removed it...

5. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I had noticed ctfmon.exe as a new running process after installing IE7. It existed before installing IE7, but for some reason it was made active after the install.

I don't have MS Office in its entirety - only Publisher 2002.

6. RealResults

RealResults Registered Member

After installing IE7, ctfmon.exe was causing some random issues and slowing down my desktop. I removed ctfmon.exe and all the issues were resolved.

I was able to disable ctfmon.exe as follows (Note: I run Windows XP and I do not have MS Office installed):

Go to Start, then Control Panel, then Regional and Language Options, then click Languages tab, then Details, then Advanced tab, then put a check next to “Turn off advanced text service” then hit Apply.

When you hit apply ctfmon.exe will be removed from Task Manager process list permanently. I hope this helps anyone else who is having issues.

7. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    Thank you!!! Was pissing me off. :thumb: :D

8. SamSym

SamSym Registered Member

Thanks to RealResults, worked like a charm. I'm not sure how you found that, but am happy you did. Thank you

9. alexvova

alexvova Registered Member

Or if the directions are to compacated for you click start run type: Regsvr32.exe /u msutb.dll and it will be gone forever!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.