IE website exclusion

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by rkeller, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rkeller

rkeller Registered Member

Cannot figure out how to exclude Google gmail in the IE protection without unchecking "prevent the installation of active-x based software.....". I searched the custom block list using the web address and did not find the site. After several attempts to locate the block by searching all my ad/spyware programs, I disabled the IE protection in sypware blaster and that indeed was the cause of the block. If I cannot search by web address, how do I locate the CLSID for that site?
    Richard

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Richard,

I do not want to assume wrongly but when you say "custom block list"....are you speaking of the selection in Spywareblaster regarding Tools\Custom Blocking section....and if so who's Custom blocking sites did you add ?

If you are simply speaking of the Internet Explorer Protection activeX list....I'll have to double check but I am not familar with a "Google gmail entry" :doubt:

3. rkeller

Sorry Bubba, my mistake. It is the blocked items list under the words "Customize the block list". I did a find in there and could not find http://mail.google.com/mail. Interestingly, while it is attempting to load the mail site, the address changes to secure site (https) so I searched using both addresss. I am assuming that you must have the complete and exact web address when doing a find you wish to unblock.
    Richard

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

For the Internet Explorer Protection....we have to determine which one of those long clsid numbers is related to the gmail activex component. You can't use a web address to search for it in that section....only in the Restricted Sites section.
    We'll keep at it until we find that number but in the mean time if you stumble across it Please do let us know.

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

what does gmail have to do with activex? and why do u need to exclude gmail in the ie protection?

6. rkeller

have to determine which one of those long clsid numbers is related to the gmail activex

Ok Bubba, I was afraid of that. Will let you know when I find it. Thanks.
    Richard

7. rkeller

For WSFuser:
    what does gmail have to do with activex? and why do u need to exclude gmail in the ie protection?

That is what I do not understand either. All I know is that unless I disable IE active-x protection in Spyware Blaster, I cannot access my Gmail account, It just hangs up on the blank "LOADING........." page.
    Richard

8. rkeller

Ok guys, I have to get out of here for tonight. Will check email in the morning for any further replies. Thanks for the back and forth, I appreciate it.
    good night

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Richard,

I have successfully accessed the mail.google.com/mail site with all of Spywareblaster protection enabled. Which exact portions or features of that site are not working due to a possible ActiveX component problem ?

10. rkeller

Well Bubba, I cannot explain it. I just tried it with all the same settings in all privacy programs and I was able to go directly into gmail with no hesitation.

Sometimes it just isn't worth getting out of bed. I am not going to try to figure out or understand this. All I can say is I am sorry I wasted your time sir.

As a footnote, this has happened before with gmail and with yahoo mail. No explanation.

Again, thank you for your time.
    Richard

11. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Sometimes it is just best to not even worry how it worked....as long as it worked ;)

I can assure you there was no wasted time and we'll all be here to help if and when it acts up again.
    You are more than Welcome :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.