IE Security Warnings

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

As I navigate the web, I continue to get these security warnings. They are really getting annoying, but I can't seem to find out how to disable them, or how to at least tell the system distributing these warnings what sites are OK. I assume this is a "feature" of the latest XP release??

Edit: Obviously the warning in the attached pic is not a trusted site. But I am getting warnings for just about every page I navigate to. :(

Attached Files:

2. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello Daisey

Are you using any add-on lists in your Internet Options>Security>Restricted Sites list? We are here and *.doubleclick.net is one of them. We get not pop ups like that. Also no SP2 here either.

3. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

WTF, I think I've been on the internet too long. I can hear Q Section's post in Q's voice.

Jimbob

4. Dazed_and_Confused

Yes, I have quite a few items in my IE restricted sites list, and *.doubleclick.net is one of them. But I am getting these messages for trusted sites, too.

5. Q Section

One way to learn which security programme is producing those popups is to go to that webpage after closing a security programme, see if that did the trick and then turning it back on after you have tested it. Yes it may be a pain but unless someone can identify the programme then what other alternative is there?

6. Dazed_and_Confused

That's true Q. I just assumed it was a Windows XP warning. Guess not...:doubt:

7. Q Section

It may have something to do with SP2 but not otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.