IE Security Warnings

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

As I navigate the web, I continue to get these security warnings. They are really getting annoying, but I can't seem to find out how to disable them, or how to at least tell the system distributing these warnings what sites are OK. I assume this is a "feature" of the latest XP release??

Edit: Obviously the warning in the attached pic is not a trusted site. But I am getting warnings for just about every page I navigate to. :(

Attached Files:

2. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello Daisey

Are you using any add-on lists in your Internet Options>Security>Restricted Sites list? We are here and *.doubleclick.net is one of them. We get not pop ups like that. Also no SP2 here either.

3. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

WTF, I think I've been on the internet too long. I can hear Q Section's post in Q's voice.

Jimbob

4. Dazed_and_Confused

Yes, I have quite a few items in my IE restricted sites list, and *.doubleclick.net is one of them. But I am getting these messages for trusted sites, too.

5. Q Section

One way to learn which security programme is producing those popups is to go to that webpage after closing a security programme, see if that did the trick and then turning it back on after you have tested it. Yes it may be a pain but unless someone can identify the programme then what other alternative is there?

6. Dazed_and_Confused

That's true Q. I just assumed it was a Windows XP warning. Guess not...:doubt:

7. Q Section

It may have something to do with SP2 but not otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.