IE & OE refuse to work

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by herronint, Mar 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herronint

herronint Registered Member

After installing spyware blaster, I did a little work on my computer then attempted to surf the net and I could no longer access the net! Outlook Express refused to work. Thinking that my ISP might be having problems I closed things down and went to bed. This morning I tried to get on the net, and again nothing worked. After an hour and a half on the phone with my ISP tech support, no one could figure out why things wouldn't work.

At the DOS command prompt I can ping an IP address and get good results. If I ping the website name (that resolves to the same address) I get a ping failure.

Can anybody tell me how to reverse the changes the SpywareBlaster executes? I'm using WinXP Pro on a fairly standard AMD machine. I've got other security software, but none of the same type as SpywareBlaster - maybe one of them will not coexist with this program. I have unintsalled SpywareBlaster and one other program I don't want. I went so far as to do a System Restore to about a week ago, but that didn't solve the problem either.

I'm using my backup computer to access the net, but its slow. Any help offered will be appreciated.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

SpywareBlaster shouldn't be able to cause those type of problems.

To completely reverse all of SpywareBlaster's protection, you'll need to reinstall, start the program, and press "Deselect All" and then "Remove Protection for All Unchecked Items" (that is - if you didn't do it before installing).

Once you do that (or if you did that) all changes that SpywareBlaster makes to your system are reversed - if you still have the problem then SpywareBlaster is not the cause. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.