IE missing from add and remove

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Cursed Ghost, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cursed Ghost

Cursed Ghost Guest

hi all

IE has disappeared form my add and remove panel and I was wondering if someone with win 98se would post it form me so I can create a reg file to restore it

the uninstall command should be located here

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

and its IE 6sp1

2. Cursed Ghost

Cursed Ghost Guest

hi all

never mind I reinstalled IE and that seemed to have restored its uninstall string however but for future reference in case anyone else has this problem here is the uninstall string for i6sp1 on 98

just cut and paste in to a text file and save as *.reg

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\IE40]
    "DisplayName"="Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP1 and Internet Tools"
    "UninstallString"="rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance \"C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\Setup\\SETUP.EXE\" /g \"C:\\WINDOWS\\IE Uninstall Log.Txt\""

3. Cursed Ghost

Cursed Ghost Guest

also should anyone be intrested while i was lookin for a way to solve my previous problem i came across this nifty lil tip

a way to download ie6sp1 in its entierity so you can put it on a cd and keep it as part of your back up kit

4. G-Force

G-Force Guest

Hi Cursed Ghost,

You beat me to it! :D First I was trying to understand what you were asking, then came up with this page from M$.
    It list's the run command you posted ....

xxxx://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293907&sd=tech

GF

5. G-Force

G-Force Guest

Of course swap the x's. ;)

GF

6. G-Force

G-Force Guest

To clarify my addition, the correct command from a runbox is listed under ....
    "How to Repair or Return to Previous Internet Explorer Installation" at the M$ link.

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.