IE Home page keeps getting HI-Jacked every time it's opened...

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Jeepnmon, Jul 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeepnmon

Jeepnmon Registered Member

Hello. I just downloaded Spyware Blaster and so far it woeks great but my home page keeps getting hijacked to "about:blank" with some sort of search engone coming up every time i launch I.E. This occurrs even after I change it under the Tools section as well as within Spyware Blaster. I've also run Spybot a few times to get it to change without success.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Gary

2. i also had the same problem,found some usefull info at computercops.com hope this helps

3. njturk

njturk Registered Member

I also had the same problem, and have gone to the above link, but don;t see any pertinent link to click on - need further help thanx

4. see if you have a program called OMNISCIENT.exe

5. sorry,i mean a file

6. njturk

njturk Registered Member

I've looked for that OMNISCIENT.EXE file on my computer, it doesn't exist. Are we talking about the correct COMPUTERCOPS site? It appears to have only to do with domain names. is that correct?

7. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

8. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

A little advice for you: using IE as your primary browser is like wearing a shirt that says "hack me" - at some point, someone will.

9. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Yes, I agree with what Pigman says here. It's BEST to use other browsers, and it's WORST to use IE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.