IE/Firefox and Smart Security

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by heritage, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heritage

heritage Registered Member

I have installed SS and have no problem with accessing the internet on automatic firefall but have problems with accessin gthe network print server. When I change the firewall to interactive, the print server works but then have no internet access. Changing back to automatic brings back the internet and but disallows the printer server.

BTW, I have allowed the print server manually when asked in interactive mode.

Thanks for any assistance

2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I Believe you have to turn the Network to Sharing.. there should be a setting when you click on Firewall in advance mode. that says something about changing the network should be the bottom Option try changing it to sharing see if that fix's your problem.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It is called "Allow sharing" mode . Can be changed from the Advanced setup tree -> Personal firewall settings (search for the Trusted zone setup) . Note - you enter the Advanced setup tree with F5 key from the keyboard

Also , have a look at the IDS settings and make sure "File and printer sharing" is allowed for the trusted zone

4. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

thanks I don't use Eset much anymore so forgot the exact options.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! But by doing so , you loose much , I think , mate :thumb:

6. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Its what protects my 8 Servers I have running. :D

I just don't have to interact with it much

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Ammm , it is so light and automated that you even forgot it is there , right :D :D

Cheers!

8. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Sometimes yes. its kind of set and forget but then again all GOOD AV's are that way.

OP let us know if this solved your problem so we know for later time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.