IE Drip Sound

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Lanpow, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lanpow

Lanpow Registered Member

I have ran every Spyware remove known to man, Read post about annoying sounds in IE but it all did me know good. The sound that I'm talking about is not the Navigation start click sound, But it's more of a dripping sound as each page loads ( it's like that sound people make when the blow up there jaws put there finger in there mouth... you know.). Can anyone help me!

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi lanpow. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

I'm not sure what could be causing this problem, but in order to get full attention for this, i'll move your thread to Software and Services.

snowbound.

3. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Are you using XP SP2 RCs? If you are, IE now has a built-in popup blocker that makes a similar sound when blocking.

Nick

4. Lanpow

Lanpow Registered Member

No, and it has been making this noise even before I installed SP1!
    It there an option where I can turn it off the sound if this is the issue!
    And if it is a pop up blocker it's not doing a good job.

5. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Forgive me if I misunderstand, but can't you just click control panel, double click the sounds and audio devices icon, select the sounds tab then scroll down the list until you get to IE then just turn off all of the sounds?

- HandsOff

6. Lanpow

Lanpow Registered Member

There is no IE Section in the Sound settings, There is a Windows Explorer
    Complete Navagation
    Empty Recycle Bin
    Move Menu Item
    Start Navagation

All of which I have removed sound from.
    http://lanpow.com/sound.gif

7. nick s

nick s Registered Member

8. Lanpow

Lanpow Registered Member

Problem solved:
    Man I've put up with this for so long.
    Pestpatrol has a file called CookieCrunch.wav located in C:\Program Files\PestPatrol (in a default install)
    I could not find a option to turn it off so I just replaced this file with a empty wav file I made in the following link New CookieCrunch.wav
    Replace the file and all sound will[GLOW="red"]STOP![/GLOW]

Thanks 5000 times over
    ~LanPow

9. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

sounds does not display the IE sounds, at least not explicity. My bad!

I have another suggestion, though this may fall under the heading of drastic. It has been my experience that most annoying sounds of this sort are stored as .wav files on the C:\ partition. If you are really really annoyed by the sound, you may wish to search the C Drive for *.wav. Anything that looks suspicious and you can double click it and compare the noise. Or you could just wipe out the whole lot of them.

Since computers are completely unpredictable, I would move or rename the files instead of deleting them just in case you want to put them back. As I said, i have silenced all default sounds on my machine. It has a great sound system that works fine for games and music, but spare me the annoying application noises! Even so, i do have about 200 .wavs on my c drive. my applications are nice enough to let you turn off their sounds. Also, it could be a default windows sound for a catagory that you dont encounter with other apps. "Show toolbar band" is a default sound, so is "asterisk". I don't really know when you would hear them, or even why you would want to...

-HandsOff

----
    i didn't see you had solved the problem till after i posted. Glad to hear it
    -HandsOff

Last edited: Jul 18, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.