IE Dialog Box

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by MICRO, Jun 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Can someone tell me how to get rid of this Pop-up please ?

Regards.

Attached Files:

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I believe that message is caused by the setting shown in the image below. Since it says Internet in your popup, you should check IE > Tools > Internet Options... > Security tab > Internet Zone > Custom Level... and scroll down to close to the bottom and see how that is set on your system.

When the item in my image is set for an IE security zone, you will get a lot of dialogs like that when working with pages in that zone. Basically, for any "form submission"... (A form is almost any webpage that has a blank line to fill in data and a Go or Submit link/button - like any search engine, etc.) If you Disable that setting, you can't fill in any lines on any form and submit them. If you set it to Prompt, you'll get a lot of that kind of message. Personally, I find that way too intrusive to set that way. I do set it to Prompt in the Restricted Zone though.

I didn't test it myself, but that checkmark to not show that message in the future doesn't effect it at all?

Attached Files:

3. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Thanks LowWaterMark,
    No the checkmark gets overidden for some reason.
    I just tried the disabling of that which you showed, but as you said, it stopped
    me from submitting my user name here at Wilders.

I went back and checked Prompt and got the box I don't want again.
    I was hoping that someone might know where to get at it in the registry, so I could lose it permanently.

Regards.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Micro,

As pointed out by LWM....that is associated with the non-encrypted form data setting. As for the check box....if you leave it checked what IE will then do is change the Prompt setting to Enable and if you un-check the box when it pops up it will leave the setting at Prompt. If after checking that box....which Enables non-encrypted form data....you then change the Internet settings to either Med or High....it will then change the non-encrypted form data back to Prompt.

As for a reg setting to change it permanently....I do not feel that can be done given the info\function I described.

Below....as you can see....is the default settings for each level for Misc. Options....which non-encryted form data is a part of.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2004
  5. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Thanks again Bubba,
    It seems like my options are limited.

I have now Disabled that ( Submit nonencrypted form data ) option in all but
    the first, INTERNET, where I have it on PROMPT, but if it reverts back to ENABLE then I shall uncheck the box as you mention.
    Having the other three DISABLED has not caused any interference on the net upto now.
    I thought anything could be done via the registry - I'm learning.

Kind Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.