IE Address history

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by Yinda, Dec 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yinda

Yinda Registered Member

Hi,

I don't know whether the following has been reported.

After running MRU Blaster, I get an empty list when I click on the down-arrow at the end of the address line of IE6. That's fine.

However, if I start to type "www.hot", then all previously visited sites (hotmail...) will be proposed. Is that normal ?

Regards,

Yinda

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Yinda,

If you don't want this, go to IE's taskbar > Tools > Internet Options >
    tab Content > click on AutoComplete and uncheck Web Adresses.

Regards,

Pieter

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Yes this is normal. You can get rid of this by following the tip posted by Pieter.

In addition, clearning your history and temporary internet files should also remove those drop-down entries (and MRU-Blaster will get the rest).

Regards,

-Javacool

4. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

I'm wondering if the poster meant "why aren't visited sites listed in the drop down box when one clicks on the down arrow" and if this is a result of MRU o_O

5. Yinda

Yinda Registered Member

Hi,

MRU are generally useful, otherwise they would not be proposed. But, sometimes, for privacy reason, I appreciate that MRU Blaster can delete them, rapidly, upon request.

IMHO, site address history are also MRU's. The AutoComplete feature is very useful, but many MRU files are also useful. So I expected that MRU Blaster could delete the address history too. But I understand that they are not stored in the same way as other MRU's. Also it was just a comment.

BTW, MRU Blaster finds MRU's of Excel 2000, not those of Word 2000.

Regards,

Yinda

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

If you mean the MRUs readily visible under the "File" menu, yes - MRU-Blaster does not remove the ones for Word 2000 (at this time). I am quite aware of this, and am working on a potential solution (they are stored in a different manner from the other MRUs).

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.