IE 7 RC1 fails to install.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by nadirah, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Bad luck today. Beta and RC releases are frustrating! :mad:
    Today i tried to install and test out IE 7 RC1 and despite trying out the method of temporarily disabling some of my security programs, the installation failed.
    I hunted down the problem and its inside a log file left behind by the IE 7 RC1 installer in my C:\WINDOWS directory.

Contents as follows ( ie7.log):

~snipped log contents and uploaded locally in case others wish to view that excessive log....Bubba~

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2006
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Are you attempting to install this on an Admin or Limited user account ??

Also....have you attempted an install with your anti-malware\registry monitoring programs temporarily disabled ??

IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications

Bubba

3. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I disabled my anti-malware and other registry monitoring programs. This account is an administrator account.

My account is listed as Debugger users, Administrators.

Really, I don't know what is causing it to fail to install. That particular line which you highlighted still repeats itself over and over again despite me disabling some of my realtime security applications. I made sure very carefully that nothing was blocking or monitoring changes to the registry. And my account is an admin one, so I don't see how it can't acquire enough privileges to install properly.

Just tried installing in safe mode to no avail. It fails even in safe mode!

Yeah, another line which I want to point out:
    14.313: LoadFileQueues: UpdSpGetSourceFileLocation for halaacpi.dll failed: 0xe0000102
    14.547: FFileFound: FindFirstFile failed :0x2
    14.547: IsThisAnOEMFile: FFileFound failed for c:\windows\repair\setup.log :STATUS_SETUP_LOG_NOT_FOUND
    14.547: IsThisAnOEMFile: FFileFound failed for c:\windows\repair\setup.log :STATUS_SETUP_LOG_NOT_FOUND
    14.563: FFileFound: FindFirstFile failed :0x2
    14.563: IsThisAnOEMFile: FFileFound failed for c:\windows\repair\setup.log :STATUS_SETUP_LOG_NOT_FOUND
    14.563: IsThisAnOEMFile: FFileFound failed for c:\windows\repair\setup.log :STATUS_SETUP_LOG_NOT_FOUND

The lines in bold keep occurring until the end of the log file. I wonder what it needs the log file for? In that repair folder I can find only 1 file called system.bak
    The word in italic form points to a dll file which I can't find at all. o_O
    The installation process goes until the point : Finalizing Installation...
    Then it returns an error and says: Internet Explorer installation did not complete. And it asks me to reboot my machine to undo any changes setup has done.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.