IE 10, Flash under Windows 7

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Fly, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Fly

Fly Registered Member

While IE 9 is not my main browser on my Windows 7 system, I use it at times.
    Since as of this year it will no longer be supported (no updates), I might switch to IE 11 (not 10 per the title of the thread, since IE 10 will not be supported either).

There is one thing I am not sure of. On WIN 8, Flash is updated automatically. If I understand correctly (not sure), this is not the case on WIN 7 ? I just don't like the Flash software updating by itself/phoning home.
    Is there anything else (privacy/security wise) that would be a reason for not switching to IE 11 ? I just really don't like a browser phoning home.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

On Windows 7 Flash won't update through Windows Update as it does on Windows 8. But if I remember correctly Flash has it's own updater that can be used to update it.

3. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Thanks.

I agree that less is more :)

Btw, any other data leakage/vulnerabilities (the code base is larger) than IE 9 ?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.