IDS Option ?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jdelgado, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdelgado

jdelgado Registered Member

Hi,
    What is the option for "Maintain inactive TCP connections" that is located under Personal Firewall IDS and Advanced Options. I am looking for a possible option to fix an issue that I have with running a VMWare machine and download some changes to an application over ethernet. If I disabled the firewall it works with no problems but with the Firewall enabled on my host I have to try more than 10 times to succesfully download the application.

Thanks
    JD

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am not an expert but this is how I understant it - this option is supposed to keep alive a TCP connection which after a while may become inactive . Once it become inactive and then it reactivates , ESS will then block the connection instead of allowing it . If this option is enabled , ESS will keep the TCP connection alive and will not block it afterwards.

I have a client who had a problem with ESS v3 which doesn't have such an option but a program for online transfers they use does this.

I think your problem is not related to this option of ESS

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2009
  3. LoPhatPhuud

LoPhatPhuud Spyware Fighter

If you used the bridged connection from VMWare, then make sure that you have the 'Allow Bridged Connections' checked in the Allowed Services section of the IDS options.

I run VMware 6.52 on Vista SP1 (x86) and have no problems connecting from XP or Windows 7 quest operating systems.

4. jdelgado

jdelgado Registered Member

Thank you guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.