IDS Comodo FPro /a squared or simply Avgas ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Ocky, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Question from someone who needs to learn stuff:-
    My AVGAS paid is up for renewal in a few days. I have a2 free and am undecided what the hell I should do, i.e. simply renew AVGAS or go for a2 anti-malware with the background guard (less 50% here in this country).

If I go for a2 which incorporates IDS, will this in any way conflict with Comodo FP which also has 'intrusion detection' of sorts ?
    The new, yet to be released in final version guise, Comodo 3 has HIPS and would probably cause problems when running together with a2 real time ?

I am also running NOD32 and SuperAntispyware. I paid for SAS but am not running it real time at the moment due to CPU 'spikes'

What should I do ? Thanks.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Do you really need either AVG AS or a-squared?

Your current setup is good as is and using an alternate browser like Firefox or Opera helps keep you safe from spyware.

3. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

If Nod32 and SaS works, then use them. I have run Online Armor HIPS/firewall with A2 IDS with no problems. If you decide on A2, it shouldn't have a problem with Comodo 2.4. I wouldn't worry about Comodo 3, it's going to be a while before it's ready. I hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.