IDM broken again with Firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Fad, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fad

Fad Registered Member

The new revision of Internet Download Manager (v6.05 rev10) has broken Firefox again, or vice versa...

This happened before a couple of revisions ago, I made a bug complaint and it appeared to get "fixed", since this new update it`s happening again.

Right click any link for IDM to intercept and Firefox totally freezes.....occasionally getting this error message box:

Script Unresponsive...do you want to continue or quit..
    chrome://idm-mozilla_cc/content/overlay.js:137

The problem does not happen if (a) IDM is already running, or (b) I open IDM while Firefox is unresponsive - in that case it works again and Firefox responds.

Is it only me having this problem or even had it last time, and does anyone know of a fix ?

Trying to get any kind of sense or speedy resolution from Tonec last time has prevented me from reporting it again,
    easier to go back to an old version and hope & wait for another accidentally "fixed" version rather than go through all that again. :rolleyes:

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

time for another bug complaint (if you have time)?

3. Fad

Fad Registered Member

I wasn`t prepared to do it, I have reverted back to v5.19 which works OK and my license key is accepted.

They don`t even have access to older builds on the site....the last one I had saved didn`t appear to work either - it might be some kind of conflict with the addon for firefox but it all very complicated and amazingly can`t find any other mention of this problem on the net !

I have given up on it for now and will use v5 for a while until I have more time.

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

For me, 6.05 Build 10 works well in Chrome 12 and IE9. Better in IE, as always. I don´t know how it works in Chrome, apparently it uses the same Mozilla plugin, but the plugin does not appear in the Chrome "complements" page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.