idling system when sharing/downloading torrents

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by kokoriko, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kokoriko

kokoriko Registered Member

hello,

I am a new user of ESET smart security and a very enthusiastic one since it seems to be very fast and my system eventually does not slow down at all...
    however, when I am using programmes such as mTorrernt or Vuze (azureus), my whole internet connection freezes and browsing the web is impossible... therefore, I need to shut down the torrent clients, stop the downloads and restart windows vista in order to put things back in place...
    I tried to exlude these programmes from ESET's firewall but this did not speed up my connection significally... Besides, what's the use to be uprotected?

it's really disappointing since I would not like to go back to my previous AV even though I have an active resistration for it...

any help would be precious,
    thank you

2. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, traffic from mTorrent and Vuze are probably considered internet browsers by ESET Smart Security and are being restricted. To address this, follow these instructions:

1. Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon next to the system clock or by clicking ‘Start’ -> ‘All Programs’ -> ‘ESET’ -> ‘ESET Smart Security’ or ‘ESET NOD32 Antivirus’.

2. Press the F5 key to display the Advanced Setup window.

3. From the Advanced Setup tree, click 'Personal Firewall' -> 'Protocol Filtering'.

4. Select the 'Applications marked as Internet browsers or e-mail clients' option.

5. From the Advanced Setup tree, click 'Antivirus and antispyware' -> 'Web access protection' -> 'HTTP' -> 'Web browsers' and make sure that only the applications you want scanned with the Internet filter are selected. Typically only real web browsers (iexplorer.exe, firefox.exe, etc.) will need to be selected. Repeat this step for email clients (outlook.exe, thunderbird.exe, etc.) by clicking 'POP3' -> 'Email Clients'.

6. Click 'OK' to save your changes.

Let us know if this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.