identity shield does not work when web threat is disabled

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by RF78FR, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RF78FR

RF78FR Registered Member

Ages ago I disabled web threat shield because I don't need it an frankly it broke my web browsing.

The main reason I bought this product is because of identity shield, but I just did some testing and found out that it isn't working, even though it says it is enabled and protecting me!!!?

I've been unprotected this whole time. I feel let down. If identity shield needs web threat shield why doesn't it say that when you disable it?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  2. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

Re: identity shield does nit work when web threat is disabled

Yes it looks that you need Web Threat Shield enabled for Identity Shield to work properly, you should see a Orange exclamation mark on the Tray Icon! We will wait to see what PrevxHelp has to say!

Thanks for the info!

TH

3. webbit

webbit Registered Member

for me identity sheild comes on when i go on websites i have added to the list

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We're working on de-coupling the Identity Shield from Web Threat Shield and it should be corrected in the next series of builds. In the meantime, you may want to re-enable the Web Threat Shield (it might be working properly now as we've made several improvements recently). If it still doesn't work, can you try disabling Settings - Web Threat Shield - Analyze search engine results?

Thanks!

5. JCRUYFF

JCRUYFF Registered Member

Hi

One Question is Web Threat Shield is only compatible with IE and Firefoxo_O
    if i use Chrome i can disable ito_O.

Thanks

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

It is compatible with all browsers - the search result annotation only shows in Firefox/IE, but you won't see any negative side effects when leaving it enabled in Chrome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.