Identity Shield & Chrome

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Gobbler, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobbler

Gobbler Registered Member

I have the Identity shield maxed out on everything but I have noticed on many occasions that the protection doesn't load straight away in case of Chrome and it takes 3-4 minutes for the protection to load after opening the browser.Has someone else experienced this?

2. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

Is Chrome listed under Protected Applications? I don't have it so it does not show in the picture! If not use the Add Application and add it the list!

TH

04-04-2012 5-56-45 PM.png 04-04-2012 5-57-42 PM.png

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Yep; check out recent thread here; https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=321276

4. Gobbler

Gobbler Registered Member

@Triple Helix: Chrome is under protected apps by default but the problem is that the protection takes very long to load as I mentioned in my previous post.

@Blackcat: Thanks for the link and I can assure you in regard to your last post of the link you provided that it is not merely a graphical thing but the actual protection is missing because it is possible to take screenshots of Chrome while the lock isn't there.

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

@Gobbler

But I still don't know whether the missing lock icon when Chrome starts up is a graphical glitch or whether during that time protection is missing :p :blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.