Ideas to encrypt TOR entry and exit nodes

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by danielspencer2, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

We actually have two ways to defeat noscript. i don't know if those are incorporated into DeAnonymizer. however, to answer your question, yes that will stop deanonymizer if it was a simple integration, but if it is a destination hosted attack it won't stop it (because it won't need an iframe). Again, it isn't about doing something to a user that he can't stop, but is designed to be a voluntary example to show you what a malicious destination or exit node could do.

2. Lyx

Lyx Registered Member

Are you trying to become the most hated person on the web ?:D

Will your deanonymizer defeat all one node VPN connection, too ?

3. arran

arran Registered Member

haha lol on the contrary I admire it. steve will become the most loved person. I personally don't care if its purpose is to promote xerobank because the outcome of this is that it would only INCREASE security for proxy vpn users after Holes have been discovered. The only people who would be crying is people who run such services, But that is there problem for having such poor implementation in the first place.

Fun Times ahead.

4. kareldjag

kareldjag Registered Member

Hi,

OnionCat makes the initial question quite lapsed as exit nodes becomes not necessary through OC VPN connections.
    It seems that is of topic anything that does not promote Xerobank as thousands of posts here...
    Independency, partiality, neutrality and objectivity are not compatible with interest conflicts.
    This applies to service providers like SteveTX as for any software developper active on this board.

This important remark done, OnionCat is not the panacea, its implementation only hardens the architectures against some Tor issues.
    OnionCat deployment makes unfortunatelly the surf very slow.
    For those interested http://zoobab.wikidot.com/howto-install-an-anonymous-vpn-with-onioncat

I do not like to post in this area because an information revealed can be used by an user to protect its privacy, and in the same time by another user in order to hide his unlawful online activities.
    And for this ethical considerations, i have not submited my ANTI/ forensic/law enforcement paper to FRHACK, the french Defcon http://www.frhack.org/cfp.php
    But anyway the problem of DANIELSPENCER2 is easy to resolve.
    If the goal is to be untraceable when posting in a blog, then i would not worry about exit nodes issues.
    The first step for an hacking activities is to secure the initial process by making the identification of the IP owner impossible.
    Professional hackers hide their activities behind fast flux networks, but there is many ways to get the same result in a total legal manner.

Technically, the surf session must be highly hardened, especially the browser: store cookies and passwords, uses java/java script/flash/plugings/addons ( foxy http://foxyproxy.mozdev.org/ is more interesting than tor button or privoxy ) and you are exposed to various attacks that could be used to identify the real IP, and personal information like name etc.
    The risk here is minor, as the blog web features are genearlly not rich, as the blogger might not be an expert, and as law enforcement agencies have other priorities than diffamation on blogs...
    Of course Wlders forums, myself and previous posters are not responsible of any action that might result from these informations.
    As i like challenges, i will be glad to test The DeAnonymiser when released...with a custum version of LynX browser.

5. arran

arran Registered Member

Here is an interesting site which shows what information your browser reveals.
    http://browserspy.dk/

6. SteveTX

I don't care if they hate me or love me as long as they spell my name correctly. As for deanonymizer... it *should* defeat many many VPNs, but website deanonymization really attacks implementation issues. To attack a VPN you would need .... oooooh I just thought of a great attack... if the datacenter didn't get too upset... BYE!

7. trismegistos

trismegistos Registered Member

It's time to use opera and configure it to disable inline frames(iframe).
    and it's edit site preference as an alternative to noscript or better yet use a proxy like proxomitron (using Kye-U's or Andrew's Security Filter)

Scary thought.
    Paranoids like me should use a proxy like Proxomitron to spoof their browser's headers.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  8. SteveTX

DeAnonymizer will shred through Opera as well.

9. arran

arran Registered Member

yea I have been trying proxomitron today on http://browserspy.dk/ it does quite well at hiding information. I cauld end up replacing admuncher with Proxomitron.

and its amazing how much information is shown when you disable no script.

10. arran

arran Registered Member

what 2 ways defeat no script?

well who is making DeAnonymizer? are there any links on the net about this?

11. SteveTX

It's all a surprise. Aug 1. Vegas.

12. Xitrum

Xitrum Registered Member

These things sound interesting. An internet search produces TOR is a piece of software running with a crowd of TOR computer voluntary nodes first developed by US Naval to help cover their IP addreses on the Internet. People have believed its well working for them?

Some facts showed that their active TOR nodes running with Data Detention and Data Interception (that do session injection). They are not blacklisted as 'bad nodes' as you said. You can verify that.

Now, you said xerobank teams cleverly discovered bugs as the results of poor TOR implementation, and can deanonymize all TOR users. This DEANONYMIZER is going to be showtime in Aug.01 in Hacker Conference in Las Vegas. Stunt news and mysterious watch.

You said realtime DEANONYMIZER run on wordpress blog site? What reasons your side take that blog site as a show time of this TOR DEANONYMIZER that can defeat all kind of TOR uses of hiding IP? whatever users put in any internet browsers, firewalls, browser privacy plugins, network things like vpn.

Any clarifications at details on these?

13. SteveTX

DeAnonymizer is a website where users can come test their anonymity against different types of attacks. You can visit the website directly like normal to test your system, and for fun we've also made it portable into wordpress plugins so users can have a anonymity test on their blog, or turn it into a scanning tool to prevent spam commenters who use proxies.

We currently have over 20+ test with what seems like new possibilities every week. Just last week I think we may have found a vulnerability in the browser plugin that Skype automatically installs, and I think we found a new vulnerability in PDFs. This is just stuff we come across without really difficult searching. If a casual user is using tor and isn't paranoid and sanitary about his computing environment, he will almost certainly fail the DeAnonymizer. It probably won't unmask all tor users, such as those using xB Machine, JanusVM, or TorVM. The rest though, it should wipe out almost all of them unless they are running some amazingly locked down machine. Those running the standard Tor + Vidalia + Popilo package and a browser? They are toast.

It is to be released at a private party in Vegas in a very special way. It will shortly thereafter become available for public use.

14. Xitrum

Xitrum Registered Member

Hi SteveXB, where we can download and try xbmachine? We checked xerobank.com and only saw xbrowser.

15. SteveTX

16. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi arran,

Probably, but only if the IFrame block is checked in NoScript Options tab for Plugins, i.e.. Forbid <IFrame>.

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.